Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our finances must be in the toilet. See the attached summary for the pre Covid position:

Our wage bill was already totally out of hand. With dropping income, our wages are now probably more than our turnover. That's pretty horrific.

In addition, King Power must be losing absolute fortunes. They've not been putting money into the club for years now (since 2014) and I really can't see this changing. They've got bigger worries.

So, signing Coutinho is perhaps the single most ridiculous notion I've heard. Where exactly is the money coming from? It only is possible as a loan if we sell a couple of our assets and even then it would be idiotic.

We need to be reducing our wage bill, not adding someone on double our current top paid player.

Our finances must be in the toilet. See the attached summary for the pre Covid position:

Our wage bill was already totally out of hand. With dropping income, our wages are now probably more than our turnover. That's pretty horrific.

In addition, King Power must be losing absolute fortunes. They've not been putting money into the club for years now (since 2014) and I really can't see this changing. They've got bigger worries.

So, signing Coutinho is perhaps the single most ridiculous notion I've heard. Where exactly is the money coming from? It only is possible as a loan if we sell a couple of our assets and even then it would be idiotic.

We need to be reducing our wage bill, not adding someone on double our current top paid player.

Yeah but he’d be well sick playing next to Madderz.

Champions league next season makes a massive difference doesn’t it though?

note Third highest wages to turnover ratio. That’s not exactly third highest wage bill is it?
If you are looking to consistently break into that top four you cannot run a club in the black. It’s virtually impossible.

Champions league next season makes a massive difference doesn’t it though?

note Third highest wages to turnover ratio. That’s not exactly third highest wage bill is it?
If you are looking to consistently break into that top four you cannot run a club in the black. It’s virtually impossible.

The last time we qualified for the Champions League (2016) we blew the financial benefits entirely with a dreadful summer of spending which we're still paying for. Hence me not wanting us to do similar again.

And that was when we were top seeds in our Champions League group. This time (if it happens) we'll be fourth seeds and far less likely to make similar money.

I think that the wages to turnover ratio is the best indicator of financial health. We've gone cuckoo on this ever since 2016.

Also don't forget that we've borrowed £100m against TV revenues to pay for the training ground too. Realistically, the only way we can afford it and our planned stadium expansion is to continue our policy of selling a prize asset each year. We may have to make that two assets this year due to our losses, and the likelihood that there will be lower transfer fees due to reducing income at the mega rich club's.

All this adds up to linking us with Coutinho being absolute drivel. We have to shop in the market we're good at. Young, decent value, potential to sell on for major profit. My main concern with this is that we've no longer got a good head of recruitment doing this work, we've got Brendan's pal, Liability Lee.

The last time we qualified for the Champions League (2016) we blew the financial benefits entirely with a dreadful summer of spending which we're still paying for. Hence me not wanting us to do similar again.

And that was when we were top seeds in our Champions League group. This time (if it happens) we'll be fourth seeds and far less likely to make similar money.

I think that the wages to turnover ratio is the best indicator of financial health. We've gone cuckoo on this ever since 2016.

Also don't forget that we've borrowed £100m against TV revenues to pay for the training ground too. Realistically, the only way we can afford it and our planned stadium expansion is to continue our policy of selling a prize asset each year. We may have to make that two assets this year due to our losses, and the likelihood that there will be lower transfer fees due to reducing income at the mega rich club's.

All this adds up to linking us with Coutinho being absolute drivel. We have to shop in the market we're good at. Young, decent value, potential to sell on for major profit. My main concern with this is that we've no longer got a good head of recruitment doing this work, we've got Brendan's pal, Liability Lee.

Pretty much spot on

As in nearly all business sectors, get ready for a severe tightening of belts for the foreseeable future.

Club revenues will suffer from non attendance, no gate receipts, no merchandise sales, no food contracts, no hospitality (massive) more limited sponsorship opportunity.

Things on strict contract will remain, mostly those are outgoings related to players and facility fees.

Hopefully agents and players will take a hit over the next few years and a re-rate can occur.

Of course, another way to look at it is that cutting wages (and effectively, cutting playing staff) will take the club backwards, and that we need to grow income faster than we allow wages to grow to move the club forward. Champions League football and a marquee signing that is known across the world may just be a way of doing that.

Of course, another way to look at it is that cutting wages (and effectively, cutting playing staff) will take the club backwards, and that we need to grow income faster than we allow wages to grow to move the club forward. Champions League football and a marquee signing that is known across the world may just be a way of doing that.

We can't grow our income by much because we're confined by our stadium and our limited fan base. We can absolutely grow but it will be slow and steady. Whacking up wages and hoping that we make the cash to cover it is not smart.

It's the 10-15 players we have that are stealing a living that are really costing us. We have far too many senior players that contribute little to nothing. I have no problem with us paying big bucks to those that earn it, e.g. Vardy, Schmeichel.

Also, on a slightly controversial point, I think we're overpaying our manager.

We can't grow our income by much because we're confined by our stadium and our limited fan base. We can absolutely grow but it will be slow and steady. Whacking up wages and hoping that we make the cash to cover it is not smart.

It's the 10-15 players we have that are stealing a living that are really costing us. We have far too many senior players that contribute little to nothing. I have no problem with us paying big bucks to those that earn it, e.g. Vardy, Schmeichel.

Also, on a slightly controversial point, I think we're overpaying our manager.

You think it's as many as 10-15? Silvia, Silmani, Matty James maybe Andy King (although I think he's a big influence around the club) maybe some like Gray and I guess you could make a case for Iheanacho - but after that?

You think it's as many as 10-15? Silvia, Silmani, Matty James maybe Andy King (although I think he's a big influence around the club) maybe some like Gray and I guess you could make a case for Iheanacho - but after that?
Amartey.

We could well still be paying a chunk of wages to the likes of Musa and Ghezzal who left.

Diabate and that young Polish lad who's absolute bobbins.

Off the top of my head the following contribute the square root of feck all: Jakupovic, Amartey, James, Ghezzal, Diabate, Silva, Slimani, Kapustka, Gray, Thomas, Mendy, Hughes. Circa 400-500k a week on that lot.

On top we're paying King for the last two years for no reason beyond sentiment. Then there's Benkovic (who he?). We're also spending too much for a second keeper in my opinion (Ward).

With great thanks for their tremendous service, as well as waving off Fuchs and Morgan this summer, I'd lose Albrighton too.

Not to mention the 10+ wasters sitting in our U23 squad that offer feck all. Are we still paying that tiger owning rich kid for example?

I'd genuinely cut the current professional squad in half and we'd lose nothing on the pitch. We have a bloated group that contains a lot of people not pulling their weight.

Off the top of my head the following contribute the square root of feck all: Jakupovic, Amartey, James, Ghezzal, Diabate, Silva, Slimani, Kapustka, Gray, Thomas, Mendy, Hughes. Circa 400-500k a week on that lot.

On top we're paying King for the last two years for no reason beyond sentiment. Then there's Benkovic (who he?). We're also spending too much for a second keeper in my opinion (Ward).

With great thanks for their tremendous service, as well as waving off Fuchs and Morgan this summer, I'd lose Albrighton too.

Not to mention the 10+ wasters sitting in our U23 squad that offer feck all. Are we still paying that tiger owning rich kid for example?

I'd genuinely cut the current professional squad in half and we'd lose nothing on the pitch. We have a bloated group that contains a lot of people not pulling their weight.

What a pile of shit.... Jakupovic, Amartey, James, Ghezzal, Diabate, Silva, Slimani, Kapustka, Gray, Thomas, Mendy, Hughes.

Most of those are cycling out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265