Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is rather depressing tbh. But this whole year has been depressing then again.

I do wonder if these rumours of unrest at the club are true. Boring summer so far. Let's hope for some drama when the season starts. First few matchss are worrying with our paper thing squad. But after that could be fun.

There will be drama when the season starts but it won't be enjoyable for us

by the time we have a run of tough fixtures the crowds will be back in...

We made our run of fixtures since January look incredibly tough. But I like your optimism. Even if there’s sod all to back it up.

Weird to buy a right back to play left back. Even if he does have experience there... can we not just buy a left back instead.

Weird to buy a right back to play left back. Even if he does have experience there... can we not just buy a left back instead.

The other day they said we wanted Goosens from Atalanta. Maybe we spoke to them and they said no but you can have this guy instead.

Or the journalist has misunderstood which of their Belgian wingbacks we're interested in.

He has played at left back plenty of times.

Castagne is a versatile player, which is exactly what we need. He is equally effective on left or right but hasn't really played as a standard left back in a four.

He's more of a right sided midfielder, converted to right wing back who can play left wing back/left midfield too. To say he's a replacement for Chilwell is a stretch.

He's a good age, 24, a good height 6.1 (our team is too small), a pal of Tielemans and Praet, and likely to be low maintenance. His price tag is said to be £15-£18m which is sensible money too.

We signed Ricardo and played him as a right back but he was playing left back before coming to us. Same with Justin, had been playing left back for Luton and we buy him to play right back.

It feels to me as though Castagne would be more likely to play on the right and we switch Ricardo/Justin to the left. With Fuchs and Thomas about, I think that would cover us sufficiently.

He has played at left back plenty of times.

Not for Atalanta he hasn't. In his 57 starts for them, he has played right back or left back zero times.

He's been right wing back 13 times, and left wing back 7 times. He's played right midfield 19 times and left midfield 16 times.

The other two were one at centre back and one centre midfield.

Perhaps the plan is to have a RB playing on the left and a LB playing on the right so they can both cut in on goal.
Or none of the above and just sign a LB to play on the Left

This guy knows his onions!

Castagne has been heavily linked with Spurs all summer. Seeing as they have just signed Doherty, it would make sense if he was waiting on that potential move before deciding on us.

If we are in a 'dominoes' situation with transfers, this could be the tip off.

Callum McGregor of Celtic is being heavily linked.

It feels as though we'd go for McGregor if we could get decent money for Praet. I can't see us signing him otherwise.

Similar with Eduourd. I think BR would rather have him than Iheanacho but that depends on someone offering us decent money for him first. Although a swap deal there wouldn't be the most outlandish idea.

It is looking to me like Fofana and Castagne wll be coming in for a total of less than we got for Chilwell.

We still need a left footed right winger though.

We don’t need a midfielder. We need a winger (possibly 2), CB, and LB. I will be dissapointed if we start signing players for positions we have plenty of cover for and ignore the blindingly obviously weaknesses we have.

The other day they said we wanted Goosens from Atalanta. Maybe we spoke to them and they said no but you can have this guy instead.

Or the journalist has misunderstood which of their Belgian wingbacks we're interested in.
Or maybe we are professionally quiet around our transfers and the journalist is making up shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669