Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have almost all released or sold far more players than they have recruited so you could say the majority have weakened their squads.
Since when did numbers equal quality?

They have almost all released or sold far more players than they have recruited so you could say the majority have weakened their squads.
Erm...... What? So if we sold James, Slimani, Silva, Diabate and Ghezzal and then brought in Suarez, we'd be weaker? Mate, come on now.

You could, only if you are basing strength of squad purely on numbers of players in it.

If we were to get rid of, in addition to King who’ve we released; Diabate, Silva, Slimani, Ghezzal, Amartey, and James, and bring in four quality first team players, would we be weakened?

Or maybe the key is moving on the likes of Slimani, Silva, Diabate & Ghezzal?

They are the ones we really need to work to move on as they offer us nothing and their wages would cover 2 or 3 very good players' wages.

Chuck in Amartey too and its a hell of a lot of money in wages.

Combine that with the Chilwell money and we should be in a position to strengthen quite well.

Does all seem very slow moving though I think it is more a sign of the times, rather than unique to us.

I keep checking to see if we've signed Cavani or Suarez yet. **** all so far. Depressing.

I keep checking to see if we've signed Cavani or Suarez yet. **** all so far. Depressing.
If you're depressed because we haven't signed one of those two yet, how the **** are you going to feel when we announce the signing of Bennett on an 8 year contract at the same time as releasing details of Matty James' new 5 year deal?

If you're depressed because we haven't signed one of those two yet, how the **** are you going to feel when we announce the signing of Bennett on an 8 year contract at the same time as releasing details of Matty James' new 5 year deal?

Christ.

Well, thats tonight's nightmares sorted.

****ing hell.

Between my Covid related redundancy, Summer fizzling out in a damp squib & ongoing bad health I was hoping for a football related boost. Not happening is it?

Bottle of whiskey may be called for.

Christ.

****ing hell.

Between my Covid related redundancy, Summer fizzling out in a damp squib & ongoing bad health I was hoping for a football related boost. Not happening is it?

Captain Morgan on the rocks might be more apt.
we will come good mate, just you see.. west brom first up and Vardy loves them. by the time we have a run of tough fixtures the crowds will be back in...

Last edited by a moderator:
Christ.

****ing hell.

All you’ll get from that is a hangover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00