Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Rose would be a downgrade on Chilwell but he'd be a safe option, especially on loan, providing he remains injury free.

Proven PL player and would give Thomas a chance too.

Could certainly do a lot worse but I still think we'll end up with Lewis from Norwich.

We still don't tend to give much away to the media transfer wise and the fact there have been little to no stories regarding us and Lewis, seems nailed on to me. Even more so with the supposed good relationship with Norwich.

It's alarming as ****. 2 weeks to go. Lost our first choice left back to another Premier League team and looks like we're struggling to find a replacement. Chilwell is 23, signing Tagliafico for the same amount we sold Chilwell for is stupid when he's almost 28 and unproven at 28.

Imagine being United. Maguire crying, holed up in a hotel, Pogba in quarantine with Covid-19, Shaw out injured for the start of the season and all the rest of the squad playing nations league in w/c 5th September......

i don't think we'll find we are in ridiculously bad shape for the first game vs West Brom...

I think a lot is thought of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is given the starting slot and then we bring in someone when the 'desperation to replace Chilwell' tax falls away.

I think Schmeichel, Justin, Soyuncu, Thomas, Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Albrighton, Vardy are pretty bolted on to be involved first few games of the season and that's a pretty strong core. It's just a case of who comes in at centre half to play in Evans suspension period (Morgan, Benkovic, Johnson, Hughes?) if we don't manage to sign a first choice player in the next 2 weeks.

Given the window is well beyond the start of the season and it's such a weird market and period, i don't think we should be jumping the gun unless there's someone who we will miss out on to a competitor. By the time we are playing the bigger teams in October, we will have Ricardo back in (his injury was in a way a blessing in disguise or he would be gone this year i believe to Barca or Real), and hopefully impetus of 2 or 3 new signings.

Imagine being United. Maguire crying, holed up in a hotel, Pogba in quarantine with Covid-19, Shaw out injured for the start of the season and all the rest of the squad playing nations league in w/c 5th September......

i don't think we'll find we are in ridiculously bad shape for the first game vs West Brom...
So because Utd have problems that means we don’t?
And I’d love to imagine being Utd - with a Champions League campaign to look forward to.

So because Utd have problems that means we don’t?
And I’d love to imagine being Utd - with a Champions League campaign to look forward to.

I think i was more going for the angle of 'let's not imagine that the garden is rosy for all the other teams and that somehow everyone will hit the ground running with a full strength side from Sept 12th'. A good example being Utd who finished just above us but who will struggle to put out anything approaching a full strength or fully fit side in the first few games of the season. By comparison, we will but out around 8 of what many would think is our full strength side and so aren't TOO far away from being competitive in the early part of the season with a bit of luck.

Matt Targett

Last season:

Targett made significantly more tackles, more clearances, interceptions, headed clearances, made a few more "big chances" and put in more crosses than Chilwell last season.

Chilwell won twice as many 50/50s, won a slightly higher % of duels, had a slightly higher success rate in terms of tackling and won a significantly higher % of aerial duels. He also passed the ball a lot more.

Make of that what you will and take it with that pinch of salt and tequila followed by some lime.

Last season:

Targett made significantly more tackles, more clearances, interceptions, headed clearances, made a few more "big chances" and put in more crosses than Chilwell last season.

Chilwell won twice as many 50/50s, won a slightly higher % of duels, had a slightly higher success rate in terms of tackling and won a significantly higher % of aerial duels. He also passed the ball a lot more.

Make of that what you will and take it with that pinch of salt and tequila followed by some lime.
I think he's very much like Chilwell in that he is better going forward than he is defending. We would be absolutely no worse off with him in than we would with Chilwell but I am not sure if we would be any better. If we could get Rose or Tagliafico in, that would be a better option.

Danny Rose FFS

Three years ago, maybe, but he’s an absolute busted flush now

Have we really sunk so desperately low that people think that signing Danny Rose is actually a positive thing ?

Holy Jebus

Danny Rose FFS

Three years ago, maybe, but he’s an absolute busted flush now

Have we really sunk so desperately low that people think that signing Danny Rose is actually a positive thing ?

Holy Jebus
He can defend at least and Thomas would hopefully learn his craft by being brought into the team steadily. He wouldn't be my first choice, but if it's between him or Targett, I'd go for Rose. Hopefully, it won't be between these two!

We've already got one Wiley pro backup at LB in Fuchs. Danny Rose would be a waste of resources. We should be bringing in a younger LB to compete with Thomas IMO.

We've already got one Wiley pro backup at LB in Fuchs. Danny Rose would be a waste of resources. We should be bringing in a younger LB to compete with Thomas IMO.
Fuchs is out until November IIRC plus Danny Rose is well ahead of Fuchs at this stage of his career, frankly neither he nor Wes are here based on their footballing abilities alone anymore

If our plan was/is to get shot of Chilwell and sign Danny Rose then we have ****ing lost it. That kind of ****ery is Matt Heath and Nikos Dabizas thinking. Completely backwards.

Hopefully this is true. Not being a football hipster with in-depth knowledge of ligue 1, I know nothing about him. But I do know he's not Danny Rose or Matt Targett

Hopefully this is true. Not being a football hipster with in-depth knowledge of ligue 1, I know nothing about him. But I do know he's not Danny Rose or Matt Targett

I do find this an amusing concept. Even if Rose and Targett aren’t the answer, how can you say that a bloke you know nothing about is the better option? He may be, but it makes me laugh that you can be so certain about something that, in your own words, you know nothing of.

I do find this an amusing concept. Even if Rose and Targett aren’t the answer, how can you say that a bloke you know nothing about is the better option? He may be, but it makes me laugh that you can be so certain about something that, in your own words, you know nothing of.
I’m not certain. But I think that Rose or Targett would be a very poor signing. And I can’t believe that this guy is a worse option than ever of them. But none of us can ‘know’ what would/will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669