Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like we still haven't learnt our lessons from selling Mahrez and Maguire then.

We must go into final negotiations for selling our players fairly sure what we will get for them. Why not negotiate the deals for their replacements at that point?

Patience with 5 weeks of the window left... Shame the season starts in 2

Sounds like we still haven't learnt our lessons from selling Mahrez and Maguire then.

We must go into final negotiations for selling our players fairly sure what we will get for them. Why not negotiate the deals for their replacements at that point?

If that transpires to be the case I would be *gobsmacked* by the incompetence.

We just don’t want to spend. That’s what it boils down to. We want to make a profit and not re-invest it.

I thought Matt Targett way outperformed Chilwell in the games we played against Villa in the cup, and only 24.

We can’t spend all the Chilwell money on a left back, otherwise we shouldn’t have bothered selling him in the first place.

If it means spending it all on Tagliafico, or spending some of it on Targett and the rest on a winger, I know which one I’d prefer.

Danny (I’ve always wanted to play for Brendan) Rose being mentioned as a possible Chilwell replacement

It's alarming as ****. 2 weeks to go. Lost our first choice left back to another Premier League team and looks like we're struggling to find a replacement. Chilwell is 23, signing Tagliafico for the same amount we sold Chilwell for is stupid when he's almost 28 and unproven at 28.

Rose would be decent actually, and is the right age to act as a bridge to Luke Thomas developing into the first team

Danny (I’ve always wanted to play for Brendan) Rose being mentioned as a possible Chilwell replacement

Controversial opinion but we could do a lot worse. He's a good player who has just turned 30 and would be an ideal cover to allow Thomas to develop for a couple of years.

Properly looked after, Rose is an excellent player.

Let me die now!

Controversial opinion but we could do a lot worse. He's a good player who has just turned 30 and would be an ideal cover to allow Thomas to develop for a couple of years.

I'd take Danny Rose if it means we could use the Chilwell money to strengthen elsewhere.

Matt Targett though! No thanks

Like I said, ridiculous how we keep getting stung the same way again and again. Tried to replace Mahrez; priced out of alternatives. Tried to replace Maguire; priced out of alternatives. Now possibly the same with Chilwell.

Our board deserves credit for negotiating good fees for our top players and being firm in that... But what's the point if then can't sign replacements because everyone knows we are desperate and have cash?

Rose would be decent actually, and is the right age to act as a bridge to Luke Thomas developing into the first team

I agree. I don't think he's the perfect answer, but I'd rather get him than spunk £40m on a replacement, if we truly believe Thomas has the ability to take over long term..

The owners haven’t actually ever gone out and made a big money signing. I’m not sure how much is due to FFP and wanting to play by the rules, or whether they just don’t want to play with the big boys.

it’s all been cost neutral. Sell and buy for similar sums. Even the training ground and mooted expansion are all loans Guaranteed against player sales or TV money. It’s all money LCFC ultimately has to pay back.

Can the likes of Chelsea and Man City say with a straight face that they are doing the same.

I said it in another thread. We should be charging King Power and or the Thai tourist board a shit ton more than the £4m they pay for shirt sponsorship. The PL is a global brand and this season we are going to be playing in European competition. They should pay or find a more lucrative sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669