Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we've jumped ahead of Man Utd in the 'race' to sign him yet, it's because they haven't got out of the starting blocks.

‘’Leicester City have jumped ahead of Manchester United in the race to sign...’’
Jumping time

If we've jumped ahead of Man Utd in the 'race' to sign him yet, it's because they haven't got out of the starting blocks.
Unless we are jumping and Man u didn't get the email and they are in a three legged race using Roy Keane and Alf Haaland

Leicester City have been linked with a move for Brentford defender Rico Henry.

City, according to the Daily Express, are keen on a move for the left-back with Premier League rivals Brighton and Hove Albion also said to be keen.

Aston Villa, whose boss Dean Smith used to coach Henry during his time at the Bees, have been linked too.

Jamal Lewis signs for Newcastle.

So if we still want an out and out left back, it's not him.

Jamal Lewis signs for Newcastle.

So if we still want an out and out left back, it's not him.
I’m jealous of Newcastle’s transfer window.

There, I said it.

I’m jealous of Newcastle’s transfer window.

There, I said it.

Why?

They've signed three relegated players - a second rate left back, a forward that gets injured regularly and got more yellow cards than goals last season, and a winger that fecked off his old team letting them get relegated because he was chasing the money.

None of them get into our first team. I'm very happy we've steered well clear of that sort of shite.

Newcastle were ridiculously lucky last season. They picked up so many unearned points it was untrue. I reckon they'll crash and burn this year.

Why?

They've signed three relegated players - a second rate left back, a forward that gets injured regularly and got more yellow cards than goals last season, and a winger that fecked off his old team letting them get relegated because he was chasing the money.

None of them get into our first team. I'm very happy we've steered well clear of that sort of shite.
Or, a left back better than any we have got at the moment, a striker better than any of our options outside of Vardy and a winger light years ahead of the likes of Gray and Albrighton.

Newcastle have done very well.

Why?

We have signed relegated players in the past. Maguire and Evans didn’t too bad if I recall.

Wilson injured regularly? Have you seen how many games he has played in the last 3 seasons? I’d get your facts right if I were you.

It makes me chuckle that you think Lewis doesn’t get in ahead of Thomas, that Fraser doesn’t get in ahead of Perez and that Wilson doesn’t get in ahead of Iheanacho. All 3 would start on Sunday if we had them.

Or, a left back better than any we have got at the moment, a striker better than any of our options outside of Vardy and a winger light years ahead of the likes of Gray and Albrighton.

Newcastle have done very well.

I know you have a man crush on Lewis but I'd rather have Fuchs than him any day. Or Justin at left back, or Ricardo at left back, or Castagne at left back. Not Thomas though.

I'd rather have Iheanacho than Wilson every time. In the PL, Wilson had a goal every 365 mins last season and one assist. Iheanacho had a goal every 195 mins and 3 assists.

Fraser is indeed better than Gray or Albrighton. But I'd much rather Barnes and Perez in the side ahead of him. So we'd be paying £100k a week for a bench player at best.

I know you have a man crush on Lewis but I'd rather have Fuchs than him any day.

I'd rather have Iheanacho than Wilson every time. In the PL, Wilson had a goal every 365 mins last season and one assist. Iheanacho had a goal every 195 mins and 3 assists.

Fraser is indeed better than Gray or Albrighton. But I'd much rather Barnes and Perez in the side ahead of him. So we'd be paying £100k a week for a bench player at best.
I'm not saying that you wouldn't rather have Fuchs, Iheanacho and Perez. I'm sure you would. All that confirms is what I already knew about you.

I'll remind you again, it's probably best not to mix up your opinion with any sense of reality or reason.

We have signed relegated players in the past. Maguire and Evans didn’t too bad if I recall.

Wilson injured regularly? Have you seen how many games he has played in the last 3 seasons? I’d get your facts right if I were you.

It makes me chuckle that you think Lewis doesn’t get in ahead of Thomas, that Fraser doesn’t get in ahead of Perez and that Wilson doesn’t get in ahead of Iheanacho. All 3 would start on Sunday if we had them.
It's one of those things that gets trotted out time after time; 'why would we want players from teams that have been relegated? '

There are lots of reasons teams get relegated and there are lots of examples of excellent players being relegated. I'd have thought that of all fans, Leicester supporters should know the value that can be had from players who have played in struggling teams or who have been deemed surplus to requirements.

They are all now at the level they should be - Newcastle. Mid to lower level Premier League players in a mid to lower level Premier League team

Fraser is very very good on his day, but a complete **** - wouldn’t really improve the first eleven, but a squillion times better than Gray - but that’s not really saying much

Wilson similarly ok, but a bit meh.

Lewis is marginally better than Danny ****ing Rose

Good signings for a team like Newcastle and they genuinely improve their first eleven with all three.

Can’t say the same for us, we should be aiming a lot higher - unfortunately we don’t seem to be aiming anywhere

I know you have a man crush on Lewis but I'd rather have Fuchs than him any day. Or Justin at left back, or Ricardo at left back, or Castagne at left back. Not Thomas though.

bang on the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670