Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His one OK season with Chelsea he's scored 15 goals in the league.

He scored 26 goals in 40 games for Villa in the championship.
Ivan Toney arguably has done better scoring 29 golas in 43 games so far this season for Brentford.

He would be a good buy for a club like Wolves or Southampton.

His one OK season with Chelsea he's scored 15 goals in the league.

He scored 26 goals in 40 games for Villa in the championship.
Ivan Toney arguably has done better scoring 29 golas in 43 games so far this season for Brentford.

He would be a good buy for a club like Wolves or Southampton.

He's also scored 12 this season and is their current top scorer despite not really being involved since Tuchel took over.

Ivan Toney has ripped the championship apart and would cost a similar price (though a little less as he is unproven in the prem and he is 2 years older). He's a player. Watkins went for 30M.

Werner cost Chelsea 47.5m didn't he? 40m for Tammy is **** all if you look at it from their side.

I'd like Ivan Toney, but you wouldn't want to do £40m on him. If you were in that bracket then there has to be champions league class out there that would jump at the chance of european football and a Premier League top 4 contract.

He's also scored 12 this season and is their current top scorer despite not really being involved since Tuchel took over.

Ivan Toney has ripped the championship apart and would cost a similar price (though a little less as he is unproven in the prem and he is 2 years older). He's a player. Watkins went for 30M.
Neil Maupay went to Brighton for £20 million but he hasn't set the world alight there.
Wouldn't want Tony or Abraham for the prices being banded about, neither of them would get into Leicesters 1st 11
A right sided attacking winger is more of a priority.

Wouldn't want Tony or Abraham for the prices being banded about, neither of them would get into Leicesters 1st 11
A right sided attacking winger is more of a priority.
I mean, I agree, but then that wasn’t the point I was trying to make.

Good stuff. I paraphrase; stay ready so you don't have to get ready. I'm sure that's on a poster somewhere.

Rumours of Robin Gosens from Atalanta potentially joining.

LM/LWB I think?

Did we basically just get confused and sign the wrong player from them last summer?

Rob Tanner has said with a bit of apparent authority that we want five new players; centre defender, left back, centre midfield, winger and striker.

For the left back he speculated that we might want an experienced player on a short term deal to cover Justin's absence and to enable Thomas to go on loan.

I can't see us spending on a left back. Much more likely a loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263