Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we resort to signing Abraham it'd feel like we were returning to the Peter Taylor era.

Have a word. There’s a world of difference between Abraham and Trevor Benjamin.
There might be but I think Abraham is a very average Premier league striker. He has benefitted from playing in a team that dominate games and create lots of chances, hence I wouldn't read a great deal into his figures. For our current position I think we should be getting something far better. I'd even go as far as to say Edouard at Celtic would be a better option.

There might be but I think Abraham is a very average Premier league striker. He has benefitted from playing in a team that dominate games and create lots of chances, hence I wouldn't read a great deal into his figures. For our current position I think we should be getting something far better. I'd even go as far as to say Edouard at Celtic would be a better option.
are you taking the piss?

That's already happened. He was rubbish in the FA Cup final and against Spurs.
I'll give him more than one game to prove he's a failure.

It's clear we need a striker. I mean, hugely clear. But it was last summer. And in January. If Abraham is the answer then we aren't asking the right questions. We need to show more ambition than signing a bloke who couldn't make the match squad of a team we beat in the FA Cup final and would have beaten to 4th but for our woeful injury record.

I'm not sure Edouard is the answer either to be honest. If we are taking a punt, which is what Edouard would be, I'd rather take it on Ivan Toney or Adam Armstrong. Other than that, I'd like us to test Leeds' resolve with a bid for Bamford.

It's clear we need a striker. I mean, hugely clear. But it was last summer. And in January. If Abraham is the answer then we aren't asking the right questions. We need to show more ambition than signing a bloke who couldn't make the match squad of a team we beat in the FA Cup final and would have beaten to 4th but for our woeful injury record.

I'm not sure Edouard is the answer either to be honest. If we are taking a punt, which is what Edouard would be, I'd rather take it on Ivan Toney or Adam Armstrong. Other than that, I'd like us to test Leeds' resolve with a bid for Bamford.
We need to show more ambition than signing Abraham.

So let’s sign someone who is 25 years old who apart from one season in the Championship, has spent the rest of his career at League One level or lower.

You couldn’t make this shit up...

I’m not sure Abraham is the answer, but of all the strikers we’ve been linked with, he’s head and shoulders above the rest.

I haven’t been impressed with either Toney or Edouard whenever I’ve seen them. I can’t see either of them being a success in the Premier League.

From the little I have seen and heard of Toney I don't think he would work as a lone striker or partnered with Iheanacho so not right for us IMO.

Abraham could work, he puts himself about, and gets into goal scoring positions, would be a decent option if the price is sensible, and he wouldn't need to adapt to the Premier League

I don't know anything about Édouard so can't comment.

We have tried a number of highly rated strikers from foreign leagues in recent years that haven't worked out. Abraham is a decent striker who we know can score goals in the Premier League, so is for me the wisest choice of those three, if not particularly exciting.

From the little I have seen and heard of Toney I don't think he would work as a lone striker or partnered with Iheanacho so not right for us IMO.

Abraham could work, he puts himself about, and gets into goal scoring positions, would be a decent option if the price is sensible, and he wouldn't need to adapt to the Premier League

I don't know anything about Édouard so can't comment.

We have tried a number of highly rated strikers from foreign leagues in recent years that haven't worked out. Abraham is a decent striker who we know can score goals in the Premier League, so is for me the wisest choice of those three, if not particularly exciting.
I mean, we won the league with Ulloa and Okazki, since which I've never bothered to judge players before they arrive and play in our system.

I saw Abrahams at Villa a few times when they were in the championship and he looked quite good to be fair.

I mean, we won the league with Ulloa and Okazki, since which I've never bothered to judge players before they arrive and play in our system.

I saw Abrahams at Villa a few times when they were in the championship and he looked quite good to be fair.
That might be a clue.

I'm quite confident that Brendan won't touch him with an extended bargepole.

I’m not sure Abraham is the answer, but of all the strikers we’ve been linked with, he’s head and shoulders above the rest.

I haven’t been impressed with either Toney or Edouard whenever I’ve seen them. I can’t see either of them being a success in the Premier League.
You can't have seen Edouard at his confident best then. In my worthless opinion he is technically far better than Abraham.

You can't have seen Edouard at his confident best then. In my worthless opinion he is technically far better than Abraham.
They're both probably not good enough to seriously improve our squad though, are they? One of them hardly ever gets a game for Chelsea and the other plays against pub teams.

They're both probably not good enough to seriously improve our squad though, are they?
Who knows. We once bought a little Algerian from a small club in France and he did alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566