Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Daka comes in i dont see any reason why we cant play 433 and have 3 up top not dissimilar to liverpool and man city.

Schmeichel
Ricardo Evans Fofana Castagne
Ndidi
Soumare Tielemans
Daka Vardy Barnes

strong down the middle, good passing and absolute gas all over the place....

If Daka comes in i dont see any reason why we cant play 433 and have 3 up top not dissimilar to liverpool and man city.

Schmeichel
Ndidi
Soumare Tielemans
Daka Vardy Barnes

Be even better with JJ in for Castagne..
The bench would also be strong

So is the Edouard deal definitely off? I would rate austrian defending higher than scottish pub team league defending so on paper Daka seems like the better option.

So is the Edouard deal definitely off? I would rate austrian defending higher than scottish pub team league defending so on paper Daka seems like the better option.

It appears as though Celtic were playing silly buggers about the deal, with an unrealistic valuation of a player into his final year of his contract. There was also apparently a 'Rodgers Tax' as they didn't want to sell to us.

Added to that, Eduoard's salary demands were higher than Daka's too (reportedly £55k a week for Daka). So we moved on.

My guess is that Celtic will either have to drop their demands or have one more year of him before letting him go for free. At either point, we might be interested again. However, I'm sure it would only be as a replacement for Iheanacho rather than as well as.

Daka is going to be our first attempt to replace Vardy. He's got the same attributes of a young Vardy - pace, two footed first time finishing, playing on the last defender, pest, etc.

Eduoard is nothing like Vardy. He's been likened in style to Martial at Man Utd. In truth, Edouard and Daka could be a terrific partnership.

It appears as though Celtic were playing silly buggers about the deal, with an unrealistic valuation of a player into his final year of his contract. There was also apparently a 'Rodgers Tax' as they didn't want to sell to us.
We should tell them to get ****ed and go and sign a right winger after we've sorted out the deal for Daka. If we can go most of next season without seeing Perez play (whether we sell him or reduce him to 4th choice) we will have done well this window.

I was moaning about Perez to a Newcastle fan yesterday. He said, without prompting, “he’s a nothing footballer. The best thing you can say about him is he’s neat and tidy, sometimes.”

Spot on. Does my head in watching Perez.

Most frustrating player at the club in my eyes.

If we still had Demarai Gray, it would be a closer run contest.

I was moaning about Perez to a Newcastle fan yesterday. He said, without prompting, “he’s a nothing footballer. The best thing you can say about him is he’s neat and tidy, sometimes.”

Spot on. Does my head in watching Perez.
Yep, exactly my thoughts too.

I can't remember a single game where he has turned a game or won it for us through his own influence or something special.

Fine for a lower to mid PL team but if we want to break into the top 4, all of our wide players, or anyone playing in that number 10 role (God I hate that phrase!), need to have the ability to win us a game from a moment of class.

He's had plenty of opportunities for us but constantly been a weak link in our side so time for us to move him on imo. Plus, lets not forgot that his was his party that everyone likes to bash Maddison about so he's definitely a player we need to improve on.

I read somewhere that Daka can also play RW, so potentially that's another option there and pushes Perez further down the pecking order.

Could be that our preferred line up will be

Kasper
Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Soyuncu, Justin
Tielemans, Ndidi,
Daka, Vardy, Barnes

Or leave one of the centre backs or Barnes out for Maddison/Soumare.

Agree. No way can Perez be a regular top half PL player.

His stats in 6 years in the PL show a goal or assist every 232 mins. For City, it is one every 225 mins so he's not improved by being in a better, more attacking, side. By comparison, someone like Barnes is at one every 150 mins over the last couple of seasons.

He is only really effective as a deep lying central forward. He cannot lead the line or play wide. That means you need the formation to be perfect for him, which isn't realistic.

He played an equivalent of fewer than 15 full PL games last season, down from 23 in his first year. This tells me that BR has lost faith in him over time.

I think we signed him because we found out that he had a £16m release clause and dived in without properly thinking it through.

I really don't see any value in keeping him. He isn't even any good coming into a game from the bench.

Sell.

Schmeichel
Ndidi
Soumare Tielemans
Daka Vardy Barnes

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670