Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once I'd like us to lay down a marker and not sell anyone. Just once. Please.

I'd be happy enough if we sold any or all of the following:

Ward, Amartey, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Mendy, Choudhury, Maddison, Praet, Perez, Iheanacho, Albrighton, Ghezzal (for circa £180m)

Without any of the above, we have the following:

Schmeichel, Castagne, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Ricardo, Ndidi, Tielemans, Barnes, Vardy, Dewsbury-Hall, Iversen, Sowah, Thomas

We then need to add 6-7 quality players such as the following we've been strongly linked to:

Soumare, Tarkowski, Gosens, Daka, Eduoard, Trincao, Coutinho(Loan) (for circa £150m)

Won't happen of course, but I'm all in favour of a clear out if we can do so.

Fabrizio Romano now reporting that Daka is a done deal along with Soumare.

He been saying Soumare has been done for ages and I've still not seen a pic of him holding a LCFC scarf yet.

Certainly wont be surprised if this deal for Daka isn't announced by the end of next week.

Some analysis of our new striker:

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/patson-daka/

Succession planning for Vards?

"Underpinning Daka’s successes are some elite physical attributes, such as his explosive acceleration, as well as his superb finishing and all-round composure in the penalty box. He does a lot of his best work off the ball or with few touches. He loves use his speed to latch onto balls played into space. He pins defenders back with his movement. And he likes to finish instinctively with one or two touches".

His stats for Salzburg over the last two seasons:

Games played 71
Goals scored 58

Never seen him play, and I know nothing about him whatsoever

But I already know he’ll be better than someone playing in the SPL (Scottish Pub League)

The numbers are crazy good but I have doubts about the quality of defending in the Austrian league. It would be an exciting addition but could still turn out to be another flop like Ahmed Musa. More impressed by the Soumare deal, that is a real coup.

https://theathletic.com/2658460/202...tson-daka-for-23m/?source=user_shared_article

Leicester City are in advanced talks to sign striker Patson Daka from RB Salzburg, but there is still work to be done on the deal, The Athleticunderstands.

Leicester have been in the market for another striker for some time and it appears to have come down to a two-way choice between Celtic’s Odsonne Edouard and 22-year-old Zambia international Daka.

It is believed a fee of around £23 million would clinch the deal with the Austrian club and Daka is now the more likely new arrival, though Edouard remains in the frame.

Zambia didn't qualify for the ANC so no problem there.

If Eduoard is still an option, it wouldn't shock me to see us sell Iheanacho. Irrespective of his excellent form for us, I still don't think BR likes him. If we could sell for £20m and get Eduoard in for less, it's a no brainer.

If there's ever a time to sell Kel, it's now after a solid end to last season.

I'd be happy enough if we sold any or all of the following:

Ward, Amartey, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Mendy, Choudhury, Maddison, Praet, Perez, Iheanacho, Albrighton, Ghezzal (for circa £180m)

Without any of the above, we have the following:

Schmeichel, Castagne, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Ricardo, Ndidi, Tielemans, Barnes, Vardy, Dewsbury-Hall, Iversen, Sowah, Thomas

We then need to add 6-7 quality players such as the following we've been strongly linked to:

Soumare, Tarkowski, Gosens, Daka, Eduoard, Trincao, Coutinho(Loan) (for circa £150m)

Won't happen of course, but I'm all in favour of a clear out if we can do so.

ALL? Jesus Christ!

Do you realise how much that ****s up the balance of the squad? These clear-out type summers rarely end well.

Shipping out 12, bringing in 7 is the fastest route to a confused squad who must learn to get along with a bunch of new personalities, learning all about new playing styles, "gelling together," working as a unit as well as losing some important heads off the pitch and solid options on it.

- Albrighton has been reliable and excellent multiple times this season, he knows what it is to win trophies and is particularly useful as someone who can defend but also attack with excellent crossing when needed.

- Soyuncu is a top defender and by all accounts a loved member of the squad.

- Madders is first class on his day and again an important member of the team imo, though I'd rather him go than Youri or Ndidi.

- Kelechi has had a wonderful 2021 so far and carried us whilst Vardy was off-form. Don't be so confident that Daka/Edouard would do any better in their first few months or even first season.

- Ward doesn't play much but we need a solid backup keeper to Kasper - every time i've seen him for Wales he's been top - did you see him vs Turkey yesterday? 28 yrs old, He could be competing properly this/next season vs soon to be 35 yrs old Kasper for no.1 spot for another 5 years.

- Mendy is a useful squad player imo, and is reliable when he plays, though not irreplaceable.

- Praet isn't awful and I think he can be good on his day, but fine with him leaving.

- Hamza, Amartey, Ghezzal, Perez, can all leave for sure. Benkovic too because i trust BR's judgement, he's clearly not good enough.

We've just had back-to-back 5th placed finishes and just won the FA Cup. I realise we should've finished top 4 at least this season, but now is not the time for a clear out of so many.

The dead wood? Yes - Perez, Ghezzal, Hamza, Amartey all out for me (combined £25m?). With Wes retiring, Fuchs off to the US, Matty James off, the above 4 joining them would really de-bloat our squad nicely.

The above leave then add in 4/5 good quality singings and we may be able to compete for the silverware next season.

The numbers are crazy good but I have doubts about the quality of defending in the Austrian league. It would be an exciting addition but could still turn out to be another flop like Ahmed Musa. More impressed by the Soumare deal, that is a real coup.
Couldn’t any signing turn out to be a flop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669