Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we got 2 of their players and let them have one of ours....

..does that make Barcelona our feeder club!?

Well they've got no money, loads of forwards, and not enough defenders. As BR said towards the end of the season, this summer we need to improve our forward options.

It seems doable to sell them Soyuncu, take Trincao in part exchange and Coutinho on loan.

Patson Daka? Never heard of him.

Blah blah blah blah Leicester City are plotting a move for Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho, and while the Foxes are yet to make a firm approach for the 29-year-old, there is talk of a potential £17m bid or possible loan switch for the Brazilian. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish) blah blah blah.

This is currently in the BBC site.

A supposedly reliable Arsenal 'ITK' on Twitter says that James Maddison is their top target this summer.

Sounds a legit source as he called some of Arsenal's transfers before anyone else last year.

This is a key summer for us and if we are to make our squad strong enough to compete with the four teams that finish above us, and be able to challenge for the EL, we have to sign several quality players.

We won't be spending anything more than £20m net so we will have to trade out at least one.

Maddison played 62% of the PL last season due to injury and lack of fitness/form. He also acted like a prick on numerous occasions. Sounds like a perfect Arsenal signing to me.

He’s probably the one “star” I think I wouldn’t miss. He’s superb when he’s on his game, but makes it really hard outside of those games to like him.
Leicester legends are traditionally grafters. Not sure he’s cut out for that status for us

I love Madders skills and you csnt argue with his stats. My only real footballing gripe with him is his physical side. When the chips are down he cant offer any tenacity, ball winning or hustle and so unless hes 100% on it we end up carrying a player.

A supposedly reliable Arsenal 'ITK' on Twitter says that James Maddison is their top target this summer.

****ing lovely stuff

As for Daka, bizarrely I've seen him quite a bit due to having a mate with one of those bent media players. watched Salzburg in the CL a few times & he looked impressive. Raw pace & a lot of rough edges. Worth a punt if the price is accurate I'd say. Better than spunking money on a Slimani type at any rate.

& if he's shit we can always flog him to Utd or Chelsea.

Madness. A fit James Maddison makes a massive difference us. He is a game winner. A complete prick at times, granted, but we'd be much worse off without him.

He won't be going anywhere near Arsenal anyway so it's all academic.
You're saying madness but is that not exactly the rhetoric I'm spewing?

Hard to believe we're talking about doing deals with Barca. All very far from my memories of fairly recent history.

I'm still waiting on Nicky Maynard.
Cundy and Kerslake could be on the way in a £200k swoop....

Hard to believe we're talking about doing deals with Barca. All very far from my memories of fairly recent history.

I'm still waiting on Nicky Maynard.
Well, he was top scorer in the championship wasn't he? That's often enough for people to want a player here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363