Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the Ryan Bertrand who has 19 caps for England? He must be shit.

I don't think much of Bertrand other than a useful 2nd/3rd choice/league cup player. But he's probably still in England's top 4 left backs...

We seem to destroy players on a regular basis so you need a few Bertrands to get you through.

Hopefully we actually start taking injuries and the rehabilitation period seriously next season.

I haven't seen any Bertrand rumours - why is everyone almost certain he's on his way?

I do wonder . . . will one of either Castagne/Ricardo be on their way out?

Maybe we retain everyone and add some gems, really challenge next season. I'd love to try to win the Europa League try to challenge for the league as bonkers as that sounds

I haven't seen any Bertrand rumours - why is everyone almost certain he's on his way?

I do wonder . . . will one of either Castagne/Ricardo be on their way out?

Maybe we retain everyone and add some gems, really challenge next season. I'd love to try to win the Europa League try to challenge for the league as bonkers as that sounds
As both of them were injured for significant periods of the season just passed, I think it unlikely they will leave.

Is this the Ryan Bertrand who has 19 caps for England? He must be shit.
Yes. The one who had those caps and wasn't selected afterwards because he was, you know, really not good enough. Perhaps we should go for Andros Townsend or Tom Cleverly as they've had 13 caps. Makes you wonder why we aren't in for Nathaniel Clyne with all his caps....

Using England caps as an arbiter of quality. Holy ****ing flaps. For the record, I haven't said he is shit. Not that it matters.....

Having England Caps isn't an achievement of any description in the modern era they are handed out like bibles at the entrance to Sunday Mass.

Bertrand won't improve the starting 11 but he replaces Fuchs and can do a job if needed, if Leicester go for the Europa League and the premier league then he will get games and if that avoids over playing the starting 11 whilst keeping the squad injury free and fit then it's a good signing

Having England Caps isn't an achievement of any description in the modern era they are handed out like bibles at the entrance to Sunday Mass.
Or in other words we have progressed too far as a team to say someone with an england cap would definitely improve our squad. I'd rather we play Amartey in defence than wankers like Mings and Godfrey, for example.

Bertrand won't improve the starting 11 but he replaces Fuchs and can do a job if needed, if Leicester go for the Europa League and the premier league then he will get games and if that avoids over playing the starting 11 whilst keeping the squad injury free and fit then it's a good signing
he played in and won the champions league final aswell

The left back spot is particularly weak for judging England players. You've got Shaw, Chilwell, probably Bertrand, Targett and then that bloke at Burnley who I can't be arsed to google. Ashley Young perhaps still gets in the top 5?

The left back spot is particularly weak for judging England players. You've got Shaw, Chilwell, probably Bertrand, Targett and then that bloke at Burnley who I can't be arsed to google. Ashley Young perhaps still gets in the top 5?
Charlie Taylor or Matt Lowton?

Tielemans would be GREAT at both Liverpool and Man Utd. I can imagine him playing balls down the channels for Mane, Salah, Jota and Firmino and also scoring a lot from the edge of the box given the space they create.
I can also imagine him playing perfectly with McTominay, Pogba and Fernandes, pinging Rashford, Greenwood etc in for fun.

He has something that neither team has, playing from deep and dictating the game better than what they have.
He's a better player than Henderson and he's a better player than Fred, McTominay, Van de Beek and Matic.

I JUST DONT WANT HIM TO GO TO EITHER CLUB.

I want him to play in front of Soumare and Ndidi and spray the ball around to our front 3.

Tielemans would be GREAT at both Liverpool and Man Utd. I can imagine him playing balls down the channels for Mane, Salah, Jota and Firmino and also scoring a lot from the edge of the box given the space they create.
I can also imagine him playing perfectly with McTominay, Pogba and Fernandes, pinging Rashford, Greenwood etc in for fun.

He has something that neither team has, playing from deep and dictating the game better than what they have.
He's a better player than Henderson and he's a better player than Fred, McTominay, Van de Beek and Matic.

I JUST DONT WANT HIM TO GO TO EITHER CLUB.

I want him to play in front of Soumare and Ndidi and spray the ball around to our front 3.
Yep. He is exactly the type of player Liverpool need. I can see him going there. Let's not forget he's under contract though. They are going to have to spend some significant cash if they they are serious and there is every chance we will tell any potential suitor to go **** themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363