Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Tanner on the Athletic:
As well as Soumare, Leicester are also close to announcing the signing of Zambia striker Patson Daka for £23 million, taking their transfer commitment to over £40 million this summer, but there won’t be much left in the pot for further additions unless there are departures.

Free agent Ryan Bertrand, who has been targeted to cover at left-back while James Justin continues his recovery after an ACL injury, has been offered a two-year contract, but has yet to sign it.

I’ll ask you now what I asked my PS5 when I first fired up FIFA 21: who the shimmering blue **** is Derek Rae
He’s a sort of turbo nightmare Partridge.

Rob Tanner on the Athletic:

To be fair, if we get Soumare, Daka and Bertrand we're addressing some key areas of the squad.

But we're definitely still short of a winger and a centre back.

If that's all we sign this summer, I imagine we will stick with 3-5-2 the majority of the time.

To be honest, it's sales I'm concerned about.

The market appears to be stagnant and we have a lot of players that we need to shift. Until we get rid of a few, I can't see much business being done beyond what is already known.

Amartey, Benkovic, Praet, Choudhury, Perez, Ghezzal - all totally pointless players. Aside from a bit about Ghezzal, I've not heard anything about any interest in the rest.

To be honest, it's sales I'm concerned about.

The market appears to be stagnant and we have a lot of players that we need to shift. Until we get rid of a few, I can't see much business being done beyond what is already known.

Amartey, Benkovic, Praet, Choudhury, Perez, Ghezzal - all totally pointless players. Aside from a bit about Ghezzal, I've not heard anything about any interest in the rest.
I really don't get the issue with Praet. If he goes, we only have Tielemans and Maddison in the middle. Any injuries and we're light. Praet himself spent a long time coming back from injury this season, otherwise I think he'd have played more, like he was before he got injured.

I really don't get the issue with Praet. If he goes, we only have Tielemans and Maddison in the middle. Any injuries and we're light. Praet himself spent a long time coming back from injury this season, otherwise I think he'd have played more, like he was before he got injured.

I like Praet. He's clearly a talented midfielder. The reality though is that BR just doesn't rate him.

Fun fact, BR has not given Praet 90 mins in two seasons in the PL. He doesn't trust him when it matters. If he starts, you know he'll be taken off. He got just 730 minutes in the PL last season. I know he missed three months due to injury but that's still very low given the rest of the injuries we had.

Next season, we will have Soumare who does everything Praet can do and much, much more. To me, his signing is a clear acknowledgement that Praet isn't good enough for BR.

Added to that, we have Dewsbury-Hall in the squad now. I really cannot see any sense in loaning him out again. He needs to be around the squad and get some game time. Praet will just be in his way.

I like Praet. He's clearly a talented midfielder. The reality though is that BR just doesn't rate him.

Fun fact, BR has not given Praet 90 mins in two seasons in the PL. He doesn't trust him when it matters. If he starts, you know he'll be taken off. He got just 730 minutes in the PL last season. I know he missed three months due to injury but that's still very low given the rest of the injuries we had.

Next season, we will have Soumare who does everything Praet can do and much, much more. To me, his signing is a clear acknowledgement that Praet isn't good enough for BR.

Added to that, we have Dewsbury-Hall in the squad now. I really cannot see any sense in loaning him out again. He needs to be around the squad and get some game time. Praet will just be in his way.
If DH is considered good enough, that would be fine, but I'm not convinced. BR will know better though. We proved last season that we need a squad, and getting rid of adequate players to replace them with potential unknowns seems dangerous to me. I'd even keep Perez as an option if we need him for numbers. We barely scraped 25 last year come the end.

More on our link to Coutinho. Last year it was a crazy idea, this year not so much.

The basics are that there are three teams in the running, the two named ones are us and Inter. Barca accept nobody will sign him permanently so it's just loan deals. We are interested in a one season loan only.

Coutinho would like to play in England again but he seems to be leaving all negotiations to his agents as he's recovering from injury with the Brazil squad. He appears to have also renegotiated his salary at Barca down.

One other factor not mentioned here is that his deal from Liverpool contained many clauses, one of which gets triggered if he plays for Barca again - it's something like another three appearances triggers a payment of £20m to Liverpool. Therefore, given Barca's finances, there is no chance that he can stay there. That should mean that his salary costs are very negotiable.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/me...do-salir-barca-barsa-barcelona-inter-11858375

More on our link to Coutinho. Last year it was a crazy idea, this year not so much.

The basics are that there are three teams in the running, the two named ones are us and Inter. Barca accept nobody will sign him permanently so it's just loan deals. We are interested in a one season loan only.

Coutinho would like to play in England again but he seems to be leaving all negotiations to his agents as he's recovering from injury with the Brazil squad. He appears to have also renegotiated his salary at Barca down.

One other factor not mentioned here is that his deal from Liverpool contained many clauses, one of which gets triggered if he plays for Barca again - it's something like another three appearances triggers a payment of £20m to Liverpool. Therefore, given Barca's finances, there is no chance that he can stay there. That should mean that his salary costs are very negotiable.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/me...do-salir-barca-barsa-barcelona-inter-11858375

I like it.

Still don't think we will get him, but what a signing he would be.

If we could get Coutinho, Soumare, Daka and Tarkowski then we'd have had a very good summer.

Always bolster with an ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670