Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality though is that BR just doesn't rate him.
And who can blame him? Almost every time he plays he has a compulsion to go backwards or sideways. He hardly ever looks up and he goes missing in games far too often. Given a choice between keeping him or Perez, it would be Perez every time. At least he has had some excellent games for us. I wouldn't be sad to see either of them go to be honest.

And who can blame him? Almost every time he plays he has a compulsion to go backwards or sideways. He hardly ever looks up and he goes missing in games far too often. Given a choice between keeping him or Perez, it would be Perez every time. At least he has had some excellent games for us. I wouldn't be sad to see either of them go to be honest.
Perez in the saints 0-9 thrashing was superb

It’s much easier to be superb when the opposition is reduced to 10 men early doors and you are dominating to a ridiculous extent.

He did have a very good game but he goes missing for large proportions of too many games for my liking

The fact that his only two very good games were in a 9-0 and 5-0 thrashing (Sheff Utd) against two god-awful teams, says everything about Perez’s time at Leicester.

Tarkowski would most definitely improve our squad and is a so much better option at centre half than Amartey, Ndidi, Castagne, or any of the young players who’ve been out on loan forever and will never make it to the first team.

Not saying he was brilliant in the FA Cup Final, but Tielemans‘ goal wouldn‘t have happened without Perez‘ interception seconds before.

Given a choice between keeping him or Perez, it would be Perez every time. At least he has had some excellent games for us.….

Now look, we all say daft things on here sometime, and we are a community that accepts that mistakes happen

But today you’ve let me down, you’ve let Jeff down but, most of all, you’ve let yourself down

So go away and have a little rest from the forum for a bit, and think very carefully about what you’ve done

We will let this go, because we are kind and forgiving people

Not saying he was brilliant in the FA Cup Final, but Tielemans‘ goal wouldn‘t have happened without Perez‘ interception seconds before.
I hope they are not plastic straws you are reaching for.

Not sure how much there is to Damsgaard and Berardi links, but both super technical players who go past their man and make things happen. Like the sound of either. Particularly if weve already secured Soumare and Daka.

Nah. I'm sticking with it. Nothing Praet has done since he has been here has made me think "Hmmm. Maybe he could do a job". As shite as Perez has been for many a game, there are performances, particularly straight after lockdown, when he looked a decent player, that did show he can do a job when he can be arsed.

Praet has been a constant let down almost every single time I have seen him play. I want rid of them both of course but, given the choice, I take Perez. I'm pretty sure Rodgers would, too.

Praet may be great elsewhere for a club that want to hold on the ball in their own half and have loads of time to piss around with it.... That isn't and shouldn't be us.

I said something to my partner earlier that reminded me of the kind of trite, bullshit football-internet-speak platitudes we so often laugh at in this thread.

My dog has hurt her shoulder from leaping around like a demented ****wit so I’m resting her from strenuous exercise for a few days. My missus asked if she’d be up for a run tomorrow and I said ‘I’m monitoring her fitness’….

Don’t know what that means or why I said it. Needless to say I’ll be swooping for a highly rated new dog soon who fits my philosophy.

How times change, Arse feeding off our scraps. It’ll really annoy their shit fans as well, seeing as he’s never been good enough to hold down a regular place in our team.

Didn't realise they were in for him when we got him.

If Arsenal want him then hopefully we can get £15-20m for him, which would be huge for a player we barely use and would be a great way to bolster funds for key targets.

We need quality back up if we want to push for top 4 again.

We need to get rid of the likes of Perez, Ghezzal, Hamza etc that offer us nothing.

And we also need to stop strengthening our rivals - people may mock Arsenal but if it wasn't for Nachos goals, we would have ended up about the same place as them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669