Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castagne might not be available at the start of the season, he clearly doesn't fit on the left either. Thomas doesn't seem to quite have the physique to deal with playing week in, week out yet, so having a very good back up who he can also learn from can only be a good thing.

I have to say that any sense of negativity around this sign strikes me as bonkers

Rumours on Twitter (supposedly from Di Marzio but I can't find the original tweet or article) suggest we're in the running for Benefica LB Nuno Tavares.

So maybe the Bertrand deal isn't done yet. Or we want both so we can loan Thomas out.

I don't think Bertrand is a bad signing at all. We need some more experience in our defence and team, and we need a natural left back.

I've seen Bertrand play many times (a mate of mine has 2 season tickets at St. Mary's and I've been often with him) and he's always struck me as a quality left back. Looks good going forward and good in defence. Solis signing IMO if we get him.

Time will tell, I guess. My thoughts remain the same; we have a young LB who played fantastically well on a massive stage in the FA Cup final and a Belgian International who hasn't been anything like as bad at LB as the storybooks some like to write.

I remember some of these same folk telling us how much of a mess Justin was and that he should definitely go out on loan..... I'm pretty happy that didn't happen either.

If Bertrand does come in and do a solid job then I'll be wrong and content to be so but it's not a signing that I think is necessary at all unless we are looking to replace Fuchs as a reserve.

If Bertrand does come in and do a solid job then I'll be wrong and content to be so but it's not a signing that I think is necessary at all unless we are looking to replace Fuchs as a reserve.
This makes the most sense to me. It's easy to say we need to loan out a load of players at the start of the season but we could easily be wishing we kept Thomas as we did with Dewsbury-Hall.

I think the pecking order will be:
Bertrand then Thomas for the first month of the season
Justin, Bertrand then Thomas as soon as Justin is fit again. the average ACL time frame to be back playing competitvely is 7.4 months apparently and so we could expect Justin to be training September and then playing end Sept/Start Oct. So you wouldn't imagine a loan move for Thomas until January at the earliest.
Reading about ACL's and it's just below 10% of players that suffer a recurrence or adjacent injury when gearing up their recovery so good odds that a young man like Justin will make a good recovery. Fingers crossed.

You do realise we haven't actually signed him?

Is he not one of the done deals that aren't done yet? They're definitely done but not done.

Fabrizio hasn't mentioned Bertrand at all.

Says that Daka and Soumare are done deals, and that a left back is "on the list"

Daka seems like it really is done. Or he's trolling Leicester fans. Either way he's replying to a lot of them On Twitter tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669