Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Lookman will be a good signing. He is excellent at breaking the lines, very good in one v ones and had excellent pace. I am confident Brendan will get the best out of him.

To add, RB Leipzig are no mugs and paid 22.5 million for him for a reason. He is a kid with a huge amount of talent. He didn't follow the academy route. He needs an arm around the shoulder and clear direction from his manager.

I'll be interested to see how we use him. He seems to have played on the left whenever I've watched him, so will him and Barnes be interchangeable, if they're both in the team?

I really think Lookman will be a good signing. He is excellent at breaking the lines, very good in one v ones and had excellent pace. I am confident Brendan will get the best out of him.

To add, RB Leipzig are no mugs and paid 22.5 million for him for a reason. He is a kid with a huge amount of talent. He didn't follow the academy route. He needs an arm around the shoulder and clear direction from his manager.

Hmmm I'm not really sure. You say about Leipzig paying a big amount for him, but he then played 11 games for him and sent him on loan to Fulham, and are now happy to loan him out again.

Doesn't scream that they see that as money well spent.

Hopefully he will surprise us but I really just think this is another Ünder situation where we are desperately going for who's available rather than a long term target like we do in other areas of the time.

E.g. We've been linked with Vestergaard for a long, long time. Bertrand was always the back up option to Gosens if we didn't qualify for CL, Soumare was linked to us from January onwards... Lookman has only been on the radar for the last 2 days of the transfer window.

Never seen enough of him to comment on ability.

We need wide players and clearly don't have funds to buy.

Never seen enough of him to comment on ability.

We need wide players and clearly don't have funds to buy.

I'm glad we're bringing a winger in because we need an extra body for that position as much as anything.

But will Lookman even displace Perez? I'm not sure.

I'm surprised we don't have funds to do better after Praet and Sowah deals. And if we don't I think we should have prioritised better. I'm excited by Soumare but a winger/creative attacking player was far more important.

He may turn out to be decent.

But let’s not look past what this is, which is another desperate deadline day loan move for a winger. Our inability to recruit players in this position is baffling.

Can't see us letting Mendy go.
I think Praet and Choudhury yes. Leaving us with centre mid options of: ndidi, tielemans, soumare, kdh, mendy - i suppose in that pecking order. Essentially 5 players for 2 positions - 4 of whom everyone rates.
you've then got; Barnes, Maddison, Albrighton, Lookman, Perez. 5 players competing for 3 positions behind vardy or 2 positions if we go 2 strikers. We are still 1 light there as Perez/Albrighton divide opinion and Lookman would need to prove himself.
Up top no one is complaining about vardy, iheanacho, daka as options.

Lookman is definitely a BR type of signing - young, quick, knows the PL so I'd expect him to add to the competition for the 3-4 places behind a central striker. Hopefully BR can improve his numbers.

Look, man, I'll have to have a look at the man before I decide whether Lookman has the look of a man with a bright future, or is just another "look, man, I tried my best, but me best weren't good enough were it ya ****er"

Not for me, but clear that once Fofana was injured and we had to move quickly on Vestergaard that our carefully planned summer was ****ed.

Said at the time that tackle will cost us. So far it’s one of the best defenders in Europe, the form of Soyuncu and the ability to bring in a proper solution to our wide problems. From there it’ll be our ability to compete for Champions League and then having to sell at least one of our star names.

Let their never be a more clear tale of the divide between us and our competition than us signing Lookman on the same week Man U took in Ronaldo.

I really hope so - this is the best case scenario.

I have no knowledge of Lookman. I’m hoping he will be better than Geoffman of Biker Grove fame.

Or Cuckman who had to watch Ryan Giggs have it off with his wife. We don’t want any of those.

Potential issues with Lookman medical according to Rob Dorset, but no idea what they are. Could all be bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566