Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traore should have trained as a sprinter or a body builder. He sure as shit ain't a footballer.
He's one of those that you can imagine being picked first for school teams because he could bully everyone else off the ball and he's just followed that mentality.

I can see why Rodgers might be trying to do more than 1 in attacking positions.
Lookman is a 50/50 hit very much in the way Gray is for Everton. If he kicks on you look like a genius. If he doesn't you look silly. I definitely thought he was worth a punt last season
If Praet and Choudhury go out on loan then you would think there's enough money kicking round for 2 non superstars to come in to the squad...
Defensively you would HOPE we 2 of 3 out of Bertrand, Evans or Vestergaard back by 11th September and HOPEFULLY we don't miss too much of Ricardo so i wouldn't be signing more defenders at the expense of attacking options.

I'd be surprised if we got another one in as well as Lookman seeing as Leipzig are being stingy about the fee.

Might as well get a greyhound and put velcro on its feet than sign Adama Traore. He gifted Leicester 3 points with his shit football ability

Might as well get a greyhound and put velcro on its feet than sign Adama Traore. He gifted Leicester 3 points with his shit football ability
He also created us a world of problems with his directness and pace.

If he was a better “footballer” he’d be one of the very best in the world. As it is he’s a very good premier league player that regularly causes teams headaches.

I can see why Rodgers might be trying to do more than 1 in attacking positions.
Lookman is a 50/50 hit very much in the way Gray is for Everton. If he kicks on you look like a genius. If he doesn't you look silly. I definitely thought he was worth a punt last season
If Praet and Choudhury go out on loan then you would think there's enough money kicking round for 2 non superstars to come in to the squad...
Defensively you would HOPE we 2 of 3 out of Bertrand, Evans or Vestergaard back by 11th September and HOPEFULLY we don't miss too much of Ricardo so i wouldn't be signing more defenders at the expense of attacking options.
Fair play Sparky, you have for a while at least been a fan of Lookman. Do you still think Lookman Vardy and Barnes would rival Liverpool’s front three?

If he was a better “footballer” he’d be one of the very best in the world. As it is he’s a very good premier league player that regularly causes teams headaches.
It’s all about opinions, MA, I get that. But I think you’ve set the bar for ‘very good’ pretty low there.

Troy Deeney, a hardy perennial for this thread over the years, has finally left Watford. For Birmingham it seems.

Chelsea must be pretty confident they've got us and West Ham covered off to sell Zouma and Hudson Odoi to two rivals. Both players that could come back to haunt them.
They have spent a tonne of money though so must need to shift some assets before the end of the window

Chelsea must be pretty confident they've got us and West Ham covered off to sell Zouma and Hudson Odoi to two rivals. Both players that could come back to haunt them.
That's why they'll stick a buyback clause in the deal for 50p and a twix

A few weeks ago when news came through that Everton were considering signing Demarai Gray, my Evertonian mate asked me about him. I said that he was inconsistent, moody and spoilt but, on his day, brilliant.
Today I asked him about Lookman. He said that he was inconsistent, moody and spoilt but, on his day, brilliant.

Funny how players at other sides are deemed "a very good premier league player" yet players that play/have played for Leicester are deemed shit, Traores stats are no better than Demari Grays.
He caused problems that ended with nothing he's been doing this his whole career and is the reason why he's at wolves and not a big club or even a club with ambitions to win anything.
If we signed him within 2/3 games he would be getting dogs abuse on here for the endless misses not looking up and generally losing the ball.

Sam is pretty reliable generally.

Hopefully we'd get a permanent deal rather than giving him a season to train up and head back to Chelsea

I'd rather us take Hudson Odoi on loan, possibly with an option, as I've never been overly impressed tbh.

He reminds me of Ross Barkley, not positional wise, but there is a lot of hype around him but he's never really delivered. Whenever I've seen him he does seem great at beating a player but also great at smashing it into row Z.

Lookman for £10-15m transfer and Hudson Odoi on a season long loan will be a good end to the window imo.

I expect to be disappointed though will neither of them arriving and us just signing another RB and CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69