Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnes is overrated. Still so far from a finished product. We need someone fast, skillfull, proven track record etc, we need an improvement on him.
That's a massive overreaction. Barnes is a very good player and before he got injured last year, was one of the form players in the league. It is always good to have competition but let's not underestimate what a match fit and healthy Barnes can bring to us.

That's a massive overreaction. Barnes is a very good player and before he got injured last year, was one of the form players in the league. It is always good to have competition but let's not underestimate what a match fit and healthy Barnes can bring to us.
I thought he did very well last season. I was calling for him to be given a chance since he came back from WBA then as he continued making a mark. But now I believe he's being "hyped" up a little too much by fans.

Don't get me wrong, he's definitely a good player, someone with bags of potential, and yes he's had injury which would have stalled him, but make no mistake, he has tonnes to massively improve on; positioning, finishing, decision-making. He could be first class, and he should be continually played and given a chance, but if we're gonna sign a winger, we need to sign someone better than Barnes or equal at least.

Lookman could be great but the evidence of his career so far doesn't justify us signing him - obviously this could be said of Vardy, Mahrez etc., but this guy has had 4 seasons in the Premier League and hasn't really set the world alight.

I hope I'm wrong and BR sees something in him more than what he's shown thus far.

Upgrade Barnes hahahaha
You don't think we could get someone who's had a few regular seasons with goals/assists in the Premier League? Becuase Barnes has had one season, perhaps 2. And I want top 4 this year, and for that we need good players. Just a bit confused why it's such a furore because I suggested Barnes is a bit overrated (but still a good player who could be first class) in my humble opinion.

According to a few people of no importance or reputation on Twitter, we've made an offer for Callum Hudson-Odoi

You don't think we could get someone who's had a few regular seasons with goals/assists in the Premier League? Becuase Barnes has had one season. And I want top 4 this year, and for that we need good players. Just a bit confused why it's such a furore because I suggested Barnes is a bit overrated in my humble opinion.
You didn't say he was a bit overrated. You said he was overrated and so far from the finished product. People have pointed out that they thinks that's ridiculous.

You didn't say he was a bit overrated. You said he was overrated and so far from the finished product. People have pointed out that they thinks that's ridiculous.

He is overrated. Let me get specific, my mistake. He's a BIT overrated. Hopefully you're content with that amendment Matthew :)

You think he's close to the finished product?

He is overrated. Let me get specific, my mistake. He's a BIT overrated. Hopefully you're content with that amendment Matthew :)

You think he's close to the finished product?
Yes. He was brilliant last season before his injury. Although I suppose it depends what you consider "the finished product". It's one of those phrases that doesn't really mean much.

I don't really see that, I think Tuchel quite likes him and would want to keep him in his squad.
I think it's all stemming from him apparently heading abroad on loan but somebody saying a prem team have but in an offer - people assuming it's us, it seems.

Yes. He was brilliant last season before his injury. Although I suppose it depends what you consider "the finished product". It's one of those phrases that doesn't really mean much.

I guess so. I think it generally refers to someone, who, when he plays, you have faith that he will be able to get certain things done relatively well. That in this case, you have faith that Barnes will finish well/at the very least hit the target. That his positioning is solid way more than it's not. That you have confidence that for the majority of the time, his decision making will be good when he needs to make that decisive pass/shot/cross.

I just don't have that with Barnes yet. I do have that with Vardy/Tielemans/Ricardo/Evans/Ndidi and so on.

I guess so. I think it generally refers to someone, who, when he plays, you have faith that he will be able to get certain things done relatively well. That in this case, you have faith that Barnes will finish well/at least hit the target. That his positioning is solid way more than it's not. That you have confidence that for the majority of the time, his decision making will be good when he needs to make that decisive pass/shot/cross.

I just don't have that with Barnes yet. I do have that with Vardy/Tielemans/Ricardo/Evans/Ndidi and so on.
Then yeah, he's at that level for me. Definitely not "so far" away.

Then yeah, he's at that level for me. Definitely not "so far" away.
Ah ok, not there yet for me.

I see Adama Traore might be going to Spurs. Another one who could be first class, but once again lacks decision-making abilit imo but will command an arm and leg based on his raw abilities. I'd rather have Barnes over him to be fair.

Barnes was absolutely ****ing brilliant before he got injured

If you didn’t see and recognise that, then you really weren’t watching properly, or possibly don’t understand football

I understand football and was watching properly. I don't have that confidence when he's on the ball yet. Hopefully by the end of this season he gets back to his best with lots of goals/assists and he's improved on his flaws.

Ah ok, not there yet for me.

I see Adama Traore might be going to Spurs. Another one who could be first class, but once again lacks decision-making abilit imo but will command an arm and leg based on his raw abilities. I'd rather have Barnes over him to be fair.

Adama Traore would be good if he could do any of the football stuff. Kicking a ball, shooting, controlling a ball, heading and so on. Maybe just one of those things would be a start. I'd be putting him to stud with someone very different like Lallana/Wilshere and see what could come from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69