Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame it's a loan as imagine doesn't help us with funds now as much as we may need? Unless we're also going to be looking at a loan to buy for Neres maybe.

However the good news about being loan to buy is that if we lose Tielemans next summer... Maybe there would be a role for Praet after?

God almighty no. Well at least this would represent a miniscule improvement over Perez....

I can’t say ‘Lookman’ without sounding like a Geordie trying to catch someone’s attention.

Lookman owned us a couple of times last season and looked a cut above our wide players when we played them I thought. Would be a risk of a signing but so would Neres who hasn't ripped up Eredivisie in past 2 seasons or Berardi who is good but big clubs won't touch for some reason.

If we bring in both Lookman and Neres, I think that is good business. Bringing in one of them doesn’t feel like we’ve done enough and would still leave us light.

Based on very few games I’ve seen with him in them he looks ok to me. Could be a winner and I’m sure our recruitment team have done their usual good job.

Not impressed with essentially trading a Belgium international for Lookman.

He’s a left winger, not a right winger so basically backup for Barnes. So even if we sign him it will do little to solve the obvious RW problem.

He’s inconsistent and a proven mediocrity in the Prem.

Don’t fancy this one at all.

Not sure about Lookman but he is direct and a line breaker. If anything he is a far less refined version of Barnes.

Lookman owned us a couple of times last season and looked a cut above our wide players when we played them I thought. Would be a risk of a signing but so would Neres who hasn't ripped up Eredivisie in past 2 seasons or Berardi who is good but big clubs won't touch for some reason.
A couple of times - when was the second time? It certainly wasn’t when we comfortably beat them at their place.

Lookman hasn’t ripped up the Bundesliga or the Premier League in the past two seasons, or ever, and the big clubs won’t touch him either.

Me neither. Neres would be a better shout. He's a bit of a one season wonder but even in his less impressive seasons that followed, his numbers were still okay so you'd have to say he'd be an improvement on what we have. Lookman though has done sod all for practically his whole career aside from at the start in the lower leagues with Charlton...

Me neither. Neres would be a better shout. He's a bit of a one season wonder but even in his less impressive seasons that followed, his numbers were still okay so you'd have to say he'd be an improvement on what we have. Lookman though has done sod all for practically his whole career aside from at the start in the lower leagues with Charlton...
Not wishing to be picky here but Neres has never set foot in the Premier league and he appears to be a nutter. How the hell can that make him a better shout!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69