Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s in everyone’s best interests to move Praet on. I get the feeling he needs to be playing every week to be at it his best because he so often looks rusty.

Think we have to really. He’s clearly not part of the plans and we need the money to reinvest.
Plus we have KDH, Mendy, Soumare and Choudhury as back ups in central midfield.

The amount of centre midfielders we currently have is about as embarrassing as how many right backs we had under Ian Holloway.

The amount of centre midfielders we currently have is about as embarrassing as how many right backs we had under Ian Holloway.

We could do with another one at the moment, with Ricardo and Justin both injured we just have Castagne and...big Dan.

Would be a shame to see Praet leave as I think he's a decent player and can't believe he hasn't had a chance replacing either Maddison or Perez despite months of not much from either.

Clearly not favoured by Rodgers though as hasn't even had any mins so far this season with Soumare and KDH both coming on ahead of him so it makes sense to sell him.

We really need to bring in 2 wide attacking players if we do sell him though.

Would be a shame to see Praet leave as I think he's a decent player and can't believe he hasn't had a chance replacing either Maddison or Perez despite months of not much from either.

Clearly not favoured by Rodgers though as hasn't even had any mins so far this season with Soumare and KDH both coming on ahead of him so it makes sense to sell him.

We really need to bring in 2 wide attacking players if we do sell him though.

Agree that I think Praet has more to offer than we've seen.

At times he looked a very good player. Certainly think he added to the squad.

I don't agree that he should've started ahead of Maddison or Perez though, and I think therein lies the problem. He's centre mid but not an attacking mid or a defensive mid. He's a good midfielder but could only really go into Youri's role in our team and he's obviously not as good as Tielemans (that's no insult).

He's only backup to Youri really and doesn't offer anything different enough to help us off the bench or as a different option for certain types of game.

I like him and given the choice would keep him - certainly ahead of Hamza - but he has too much value to hold onto as purely backup for only one player in our squad.

If selling him helps us strengthen with an extra attacking player or two in the next few days then I'm all for it

With Soumare, KDH and Mendy in the squad let Praet and Choudhry go, weren't Newcastle interested in Choudhry ?

Praet's been worse than bang average since his arrival. Add him to the wheelbarrow labelled 'money pissed away' and push him all the way to Torino.

Spend the money on a footballer instead.

With Soumare, KDH and Mendy in the squad let Praet and Choudhry go, weren't Newcastle interested in Choudhry ?

I've not looked at the numbers yet, but it might be sensible to keep Choudhury for the Europa League squad. Last season we couldn't name the full squad because we didn't have enough players who'd come through our system.

Do you not think it's a bit ironic you take such a hard-nosed (and, IMO wrong) view on Praet given how you begrudge others doing the same over Perez?
No. Because I don't 'begrudge' others having an opinion about Perez. I just don't have to agree with it.

Now if you could just pop yourself off the high horse and stop moralising every other post we can all go back to the business of transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69