Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep is an absolute genius. Getting rid of one of England's best players for a washed up old egomaniac
He scored 29 goals in 33 games last year....

****ing hell, if that is 'washed up' then we might all as well just give up.

I feel bitter about this transfer...

Look at the signings and money this summer.

Man City spending £100m on Grealish, and can't believe they won't still do something about a striker.

Man Utd bring in Sancho, Varane, Ronaldo

Chelsea spending £100m on Lukaku

Even Arsenal have spent about £150m - which looks like a waste, but they've still spent big.

It pisses me off and just reminds me of how close we came to CL football the last 2 years but now that opportunity may have well and truly gone.

And really, that's because FFP rules being completely 'relaxed' due to Covid/teams not giving a shit after Man City not being punished. I'm sure that was "meant" to help clubs avoid financial difficulty. But the big clubs have gone on an almighty splurge to make sure we don't get close.

That couple with the failed ESL idea and the owners of those clubs now trying to get fans back on side by going for some big signings.

It's set us and others who have been closing that gap to the big teams back a long way IMO.

The top 3 at least now look so strong, it looks impossible to get in amongst them.

I agree, we had our chance. This transfer settles top three at least.

surely Man U will be looking to offload some of their attacking players? Shame we can’t afford any…

They've spent big on the stars of now, we're packing the stars of tomorrow. Sure it seems to get harder every season to try and crack that top 4, I think we've got a good enough squad to do it but having some rotten luck with injuries yet again this year. That Wesley Fofana injury really put the kaibosh on my excitement for what we might be able to achieve this season....

I agree, we had our chance. This transfer settles top three at least.

surely Man U will be looking to offload some of their attacking players? Shame we can’t afford any…

We were linked with Dan James, who is surely now even more available...

Our BIG transfer news story this summer is that (so far) we haven't sold a big name.

He always strikes me as someone who can just run fast with decision making not a strong point in his game.

He's got pace and very little else. I'm not sure if pace will fit with our style tbh. Maybe in games where we don't have the ball.

pole position

could move for a winger

summer market will cease trading
(that’s new!)

keen on adding to their squad

been linked with a move

pole position

also been linked with

want to land

- 8/10. I personally would have liked a ‘Brazil ace’ or ‘lining up a move for’ but it’s a strong effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69