Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order of urgency and importance, these should have been the priorities for recruits this summer:

1. RW
2. CF (Daka)
3. LB (Bertrand)
4. CB (Vestergaard)
5. CM (Soumare)

We did 2 and 5 straight away. We've since added 3 and 4.

Where the feck is our right winger? The single most obvious weak link in the squad and here we are a few days from the deadline and every single right winger in the universe appears to be being bought/sold and we're nowhere to be seen.

Up until now, I've given the recruitment team the benefit of the doubt that the target must be just being held up with negotiations/replacement etc. I'm now suspecting that we don't have a clue who to sign and we've spent all our money on the lesser requirements.

I don't mind the signing of Soumare as long as we get the key recruits in. But what the feck are we doing with a thousand central midfielders and no fecking right winger? And we've sold Ghezzal and Sowah just to rub it in further.

In order of urgency and importance, these should have been the priorities for recruits this summer:

1. RW
2. CF (Daka)
3. LB (Bertrand)
4. CB (Vestergaard)
5. CM (Soumare)

We did 2 and 5 straight away. We've since added 3 and 4.

Where the feck is our right winger? The single most obvious weak link in the squad and here we are a few days from the deadline and every single right winger in the universe appears to be being bought/sold and we're nowhere to be seen.

Up until now, I've given the recruitment team the benefit of the doubt that the target must be just being held up with negotiations/replacement etc. I'm now suspecting that we don't have a clue who to sign and we've spent all our money on the lesser requirements.

I don't mind the signing of Soumare as long as we get the key recruits in. But what the feck are we doing with a thousand central midfielders and no fecking right winger? And we've sold Ghezzal and Sowah just to rub it in further.

Ghezzal was definitely not the answer, so I'm not bothered about that at all, but agree with the rest.

And it's not even this summer.

A right winger has surely been top of our needed list for at least the last 2 summers. And still nothing...

While countless players we've looked at have moved elsewhere. Maybe we looked and decided against those options. But would they really not have been better than others we have had there? I'm talking players like Thauvin, Matheus Pereira, Berardi, etc.

Finds mightve been a factor but we've spent plenty of money elsewhere...

I seem to recall reading an apparent quote from Rogers recently that they we're hoping to still do some more business, which suggests we are still trying.

Raheem Sterling is apparently available if Cristiano signs for Man City...

I know I'm dreaming, but I'd love to see us go for him. I doubt we could pay his wages for one thing, but would Man City be willing to loan him out for now since it's a only a few days until the window 'slams shut' and they might not have time to find a buyer?

I know I'm dreaming, but I'd love to see us go for him. I doubt we could pay his wages for one thing, but would Man City be willing to loan him out for now since it's a only a few days until the window 'slams shut' and they might not have time to find a buyer?
Stop dreaming

It's quite clear we can't afford anyone let along Sterling.

It's criminal that we've let this position remain vacant.

Stop dreaming

It's quite clear we can't afford anyone let along Sterling.

It's criminal that we've let this position remain vacant.
You are going to eat your words Lako. Have faith.

At the community shield we asked some Man C fans, as they didn’t have a striker, would they take Nacho back, they said no chance and if we had more money to waste we could take Sterling. Not very complementary about him at all

You are going to eat your words Lako. Have faith.
We haven't singed anyone for that role since Mahrez left so my faith in us doing it in the next 4 days is fairly low tbf.

I would much rather we sign another centre back before a right winger. Even supposing Evans and Vestergaard are soon fit; we only have three CB's of any standing (I am leaving Fofana out of the equation as I can't see him playing again this season). No disrespect to Amartey and Benkovic, but neither is capable of even standing in, at this level.

I would much rather we sign another centre back before a right winger. Even supposing Evans and Vestergaard are soon fit; we only have three CB's of any standing (I am leaving Fofana out of the equation as I can't see him playing again this season). No disrespect to Amartey and Benkovic, but neither is capable of even standing in, at this level.

If we have Evans, Soyuncu and Vestergaard fit and with Amartey as an additional backup, plus Justin back in October and Castagne who can both support in a back 3, then I think a right winger is more of a priority if we're going to push on.

Another centre back would help, but when players are back from injury (whenever that is) we are well covered there. Whereas we don't even have a decent right wing option with a fully fit squad.

Aren't we hopeful that Evans and Vestergaard will be training with the team next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00