Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in: players are only ‘proven’ once they’ve played in the Premier League.

Bet PSG felt silly after finding out Messi has never played against Palace.
Signing the best player possibly of all time on a free is a bit different to say, signing vastly experienced internationals like Adrien Silva and Islam Slimani for £30-40m a piece who have also been plying their trades in other countries. Not forgetting Berardi himself did flop at Juventus for 2 years...

It's not rocket science that there are both success and failure stories for both routes in either case but largely we've transformed from a second tier yo-yo club into a silverware winning, top tier ever present, European challenging club in the past decade largely based off forward thinking and future planning investing heavily in up and coming talent and technologies along the way. Sure there have been a few experienced heads who have helped massively along the way such as Cambiasso, Huth and now Evans but mostly our success has been built on the back of young and hungry players.

shifting Hamza, Mendy, Praet or Perez could well be tied up in whether we can afford to bring in any of the right wingers or defenders mentioned. the first two would seem the most likely but the latter two the most immediately valuable. Can see it going to the wire with Perez or Praet accepting another club either on loan or permanently being the key to us having space for a Berardi or Madueke.

shifting Hamza, Mendy, Praet or Perez could well be tied up in whether we can afford to bring in any of the right wingers or defenders mentioned. the first two would seem the most likely but the latter two the most immediately valuable. Can see it going to the wire with Perez or Praet accepting another club either on loan or permanently being the key to us having space for a Berardi or Madueke.
I don't think Perez will be going anywhere. I think BR values him and would want to keep him. Despite the made up bollocks, he's a very useful squad player. I think the ones to look at shifting are the ones we are going to struggle shifting! If you've got a small budget as most clubs right now have, spending cash on the likes of Choudhury, Mendy and to a lesser extent, Praet just doesn't make any sense.

Signing the best player possibly of all time on a free is a bit different to say, signing vastly experienced internationals like Adrien Silva and Islam Slimani for £30-40m a piece who have also been plying their trades in other countries. Not forgetting Berardi himself did flop at Juventus for 2 years...

It's not rocket science that there are both success and failure stories for both routes in either case but largely we've transformed from a second tier yo-yo club into a silverware winning, top tier ever present, European challenging club in the past decade largely based off forward thinking and future planning investing heavily in up and coming talent and technologies along the way. Sure there have been a few experienced heads who have helped massively along the way such as Cambiasso, Huth and now Evans but mostly our success has been built on the back of young and hungry players.
Hungry yes but I disagree with “young”.

Good business this. Buy cheap and sell on for a big profit. I may be totally wrong but from what I saw of him in pre-season, he was nowhere near first team standard.

I thought Sowah was someone who was seen as having a chance here, but £8m for a player from the academy who's never played is decent business

He’s probably been the best player on the pitch 7 times against them. I’m sure this is a deal that makes perfect sense for both parties. #Announcethewingerthatcompletesourfirstteam

That’s Vesty funded then.

Also gives me more confidence we have something incoming in that position of the squad.
We have to have at least one other wide player come in as we are woefully short.

Our only options are Barnes, Perez & Albrighton with the latter 2 who would struggle to get in the match day squads for any of the other top 6/8 from last season.

Perhaps we'll actually see Praet get some game time now?

It's a large chunk of the fee for either a Berardi or Madueke OR it's the whole of a really stellar loan signing to tip us over the line to top 4 (like an Asensio or Coutinho type).
if Evans and Justin are reintegrated before November then fingers crossed we will have a fearsome squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669