Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookman - Journeyman. Generally teams of a lower than current Leicester City level.
He fills a hole but not really the hole that needs filling exactly.

Congerton

True. He was linked with Celtic when they were there.

It makes no sense though. We need a left footed right winger with quality - as BR has said himself. This is a right footed left winger with little quality.

The only way I'd be okay with this is if he's just a back up option for Barnes whilst the main signing is still to come. However, our squad is full as it is - even if Benkovic, Praet and Choudhury go.

Based on the reactions on here I'm going to predict him to be a revelation.
Almost definitely. I love it when there is outcry over how shit a signing is. It's when people get excited by signings I worry. People were excited by Silva, Musa, Slimani, Praet, Mills, DJ Campbell......

I want them to be savaged before they have kicked a ball like Morgan was. ;)

Not wishing to be picky here but Neres has never set foot in the Premier league and he appears to be a nutter. How the hell can that make him a better shout!?
On the basis that unproven is better than proven incapable.

True. He was linked with Celtic when they were there.

It makes no sense though. We need a left footed right winger with quality - as BR has said himself. This is a right footed left winger with little quality.

The only way I'd be okay with this is if he's just a back up option for Barnes whilst the main signing is still to come. However, our squad is full as it is - even if Benkovic, Praet and Choudhury go.

Hopefully you're right.

Neres sounds a better option than Lookman, but neither are filling me with confidence.

In fact both just remind me of the deal for Ünder.

Are we doing the same again? Loan with option to buy on an average European winger who was once briefly seen as having some potential, because we've left it too late and don't really have enough money left to sign a proper winger that actually fits the bill and profile of what we need.

We don't often get our transfer policy wrong, but selling Praet and even Hamza to fund that type of deal makes me feel a bit sick...

Cant help feel that selling Praet AND Hamza could also leave us a bit light in midfield at some point too.

I thought Lookman looked decent last year in a poor Fulham side so hopefully he can do better in a team that has more of the ball and wouldn't be against it if it was a similar fee to the potential Praet loan/sale.

Would be good if we could get him on loan with an option and allow us to also bring in another player who is predominantly right sided.

We definitely need more options out wide on both sides really so it's almost a case of anyone would be better than no one but I think Lookman would be a decent signing.

Yeah he's good competition for Barnes I agree. I really hope we've got a RW coming in as well though otherwise we are back to square pegs in round holes all season.
Barnes is overrated. Still so far from a finished product. We need someone fast, skillfull, proven track record etc, we need an improvement on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69