Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Athletic are reporting Ryan Bertrand is done now as well.

Ryan Bertrand has agreed a two-year deal to join Leicester City, with the option for a third year.

Bertrand, 31, has spent the past seven years at Southampton but became a free agent when his contract expired on June 30.

Although a deal has not yet been signed, Leicester and Bertrand have reached an agreement for the former England international to move to the King Power Stadium on a free transfer.

The Athletic understands the former England international will undergo a medical today.
I have to say that this feels like a Danny Simpson or a Marc Albrighton type. He may not be the star of the team but I think he will be a really useful addition that simply bolsters us for the amount of competitions we're now chasing.

He's what we've been missing. A bit of experience and with losing Wes and Fuchs it was very much required.

Good signing

According to the LM, Bertrand will be our oldest outfied player signing since Cambiasso.

I moaned (hard to believe I know) last season that we just signed youngish talented types. I think we got found out last season at times because we didn't have enough of the Bertrand type - solid experienced pros capable of seeing out matches.

It's not sexy but it's sometimes the right thing to do for a young squad. Back in summer 2013, we had talent, what we lacked was some streetwise bastards. To their credit, Walsh and NP brought in Hammond, Phillips, Wasyl and Taylor-Fletcher. Even though they had different impacts on the pitch, they added what it took for the squad to go the the next level.

We've already got Daka and Soumare coming in to fit the usual profile. Bertrand is more the type I want to see though - hardened pros who can support the younger ones. I wouldn't object to us signing a couple more.

Well, I don't think its a necessary signing but it has cost us nothing and it's a pretty short contract so it's nowt to moan about. I still think we need to bring in some width otherwise I've a feeling Daka will be pushed out wide just as Perez was.

I still think we need to bring in some width otherwise I've a feeling Daka will be pushed out wide just as Perez was.
Agreed - I've seen some in various places comment that he can play out wide, but he has only made a handful of appearances anywhere but as a centre forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363