Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't normally link the Sun but the story comes from Alan Nixon who has called a few of our deals right recently.

Yeah he looked a very good player. Bloody big bloke, but hardly lost the ball.

Ndidi going?

I don't think Sangare is the same kind of player as Ndidi. I was under the impression he was more a box to box player - probably the player we hoped Soumare would be

I don't think Sangare is the same kind of player as Ndidi. I was under the impression he was more a box to box player - probably the player we hoped Soumare would be
Makes me piss that anyone thought Soumare could be a box to box player in the PL.

Laughable

Makes me piss that anyone thought Soumare could be a box to box player in the PL.

Laughable
If by box to box they meant the space between the two corporate boxes either side of the halfway line they may have been on to something.

According to the Athletic our new head of recruitment will be Martyn Glover from Southampton.

Looks to me like it could well be a recommendation from Steve Walsh.

Leicester line up Southampton’s head of scouting and recruitment

The Athletic can reveal another significant switch between two Premier League rivals that is in the process of being finalised and will have knock-on effects for the respective markets.

This column reported in December that Leicester City’s head of senior recruitment Lee Congerton would be exiting the King Power Stadium for Italian side Atalanta, which was confirmed in March.

Leicester quickly set about filling the void and it is understood the club will be installing Southampton’s head of scouting and recruitment Martyn Glover as Congerton’s replacement.

It is unclear when Glover can begin his new role, with Leicester determined for the Englishman to oversee their summer business and Southampton wanting him to do the same before departing.

If Southampton demand Glover’s notice period be served — he is currently involved in planning their activity and the hierarchy expect this to continue — they will utilise him until the autumn and Leicester will have to proceed with their existing structure, led by director of football Jon Rudkin.

But should an agreement be found for his release, Leicester would be able to take advantage of Glover’s expertise for a key stretch of trading and Southampton would need to adapt accordingly.

Looks to me like it could well be a recommendation from Steve Walsh.

Leicester line up Southampton’s head of scouting and recruitment

The Athletic can reveal another significant switch between two Premier League rivals that is in the process of being finalised and will have knock-on effects for the respective markets.

This column reported in December that Leicester City’s head of senior recruitment Lee Congerton would be exiting the King Power Stadium for Italian side Atalanta, which was confirmed in March.

Leicester quickly set about filling the void and it is understood the club will be installing Southampton’s head of scouting and recruitment Martyn Glover as Congerton’s replacement.

It is unclear when Glover can begin his new role, with Leicester determined for the Englishman to oversee their summer business and Southampton wanting him to do the same before departing.

If Southampton demand Glover’s notice period be served — he is currently involved in planning their activity and the hierarchy expect this to continue — they will utilise him until the autumn and Leicester will have to proceed with their existing structure, led by director of football Jon Rudkin.

But should an agreement be found for his release, Leicester would be able to take advantage of Glover’s expertise for a key stretch of trading and Southampton would need to adapt accordingly.
If he recruited Van Dyke, he'll do for me.

Who did he recruit then?
Matt Le Tissier?

Who did he recruit then?
Matt Le Tissier?
He joined in April 2019, so under his watch they’ve signed:

Che Adams, Danny Ings, Kevin Danso, Moussa Djenepo, Kyle Walker-Peters, Jacob Maddox, Mohammed Salisu, Ibrahima Diallo, Theo Walcott, Takumi Minamino, Romain Perraud, Tino Livramento, Armando Broja, Adam Armstrong, Lyanco Vojnovic and Willy Caballero

He joined in April 2019, so under his watch they’ve signed:

Che Adams, Danny Ings, Kevin Danso, Moussa Djenepo, Kyle Walker-Peters, Jacob Maddox, Mohammed Salisu, Ibrahima Diallo, Theo Walcott, Takumi Minamino, Romain Perraud, Tino Livramento, Armando Broja, Adam Armstrong, Lyanco Vojnovic and Willy Caballero

****ing hell, we’re in for a right treat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570