Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being an excellent prospect is not the same as being good enough already.

No one is doubting that he has the potential to be a top player, but he isn't one now.
True. But is that position really a priority?

With Evans, Vardy potential in the final years next year with us. Youri potential leaving and still no first choice right winger.

Full back would be low on my list right now.

With Evans, Vardy potential in the final years next year with us. Youri potential leaving and still no first choice right winger.

I'm sure we've been prioritising getting a right winger in for at least the last two seasons, but if one that's good enough and cheap enough isn't available do we really hold off improving other areas of the squad until one is?

Justin has proved he's an excellent LB. Thomas is a perfectly adequate understudy when needed. This means we have Ricardo or Castagne on the right with Justin or Thomas on the left. That's a great position for us to be in. If we happen to buy a LB then fine but it's not a priority. Certainly not over a proper, actual striker and a wide player.

Sometimes the over-complication on here is astounding.

Because we have Luke Thomas
Christ we really are small time

Lucky to have Luke Thomas who looks 50/50 good wood enough for our level.

Let's not forget its us who have developed him over the years, maybe he's the lucky one,

Nah, it shouldn't be our top priority and i think i posted earlier on in here or another thread that 2 wide players + Lookman should be our top priority.

I think Evans will be OK for another year for us next year - we've not rushed him back this time and seem to be handling with much better care/precaution. Hopefully he will make it to the summer without further injury and then a proper summer break should set him up nicely for a full season where he will get a nice winter break during the World Cup.

Striker wise again, we should be fine for next year unless we do something stupid like selling Nacho man - West Ham, Brighton, Newcastle, Everton and probably others would love to have the just one of our current strikers let alone have all 3. We only ever play with one so i don't see a need for 4.

Youri is a tough one as imo, going into next season with a midfield 3 of Ndidi, KDH & Maddison isn't bad at all. He would definitely need replacing but i don't think we necessarily would need go all in and get a 'star' signing. That midfield 3 allows Maddison to play in his best & most productive position and if we combine that with a quality RW addition, you could argue it would improve us in 2 positions as Youri has been far from his best this season/past 6 months.

That should leave us with plenty to play with to get a natural left back who should be ready to go straight into the first team. Thomas is a great prospect but he is no way the finished article and isn't good enough imo to be relied on if we want to push for top 4/6.

I thought we were at our best in recent years when we had 2 full backs raiding down each side with pre-injury Ricardo and Chilwell - whatever people say on here, we simply haven't improved on LB since we sold Chilwell.

IMO the sensible thing to do would be to sell one of Ricardo, Castagne or Justin and use that for a first choice left back to keep Thomas as an understudy.

Hard to say which one as there isn't much to chose between either of them but no top teams play a right footer at LB as their first choice.

Apologies for the ramble though as even I wouldn't read a post this long!

Striker wise again, we should be fine for next year
An ageing Vardy who will need more rest time, a Nachoman who spends 65 to 70% of his game time looking like he's a pissed up toddler with rickets and a Patson Daka who's shot that went out for a throw in... a ****ing throw in, was one of his better efforts.....

We are absolutely in need of a proper striker.

Christ we really are small time

Lucky to have Luke Thomas who looks 50/50 good wood enough for our level.

Let's not forget its us who have developed him over the years, maybe he's the lucky one,
No idea. You’ll have to ask his partner.

Leicester City are trying to beat Tottenham to the signing of Brazil centre-back Gleison Bremer, 25, from Italian side Torino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669