Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the BBC

Besiktas left-back Ridvan Yilmaz, 20, could link up with Turkey international team-mate Caglar Soyuncu at Leicester, with the Foxes preparing an £8.3m (10m euros) bid to beat off competition from Torino and Stuttgart.

From the BBC

Besiktas left-back Ridvan Yilmaz, 20, could link up with Turkey international team-mate Caglar Soyuncu at Leicester, with the Foxes preparing an £8.3m (10m euros) bid to beat off competition from Torino and Stuttgart.
Seems a strange one to me, we don't have problems at full back when players are fit and Cags might be on his way out

Probably a sign of it being a bullshit, totally unfounded summer rumour then?
Yeah it’s not like we’ve never signed a full back we didn’t need.

From the BBC

Seems expensive to beat someone off, stand on a street corner and someone will take it for free

As much as I like Timmy, a naturally left footed player is quite advantageous to have so it does make some sense to me.

Timmy does a good job but he will always look to cut back to get a cross in with his right, although it obviously worked well for his stunner the other week!

I still think a left footer would be better as full backs tend to hug the sideline and get right down to the opposition goal line - being able to hit it in first time with a left foot will be more productive in the long run than always having to cut back first.

Priorities need to be in the wide attacking areas in the summer imo as it is by far our weakest area.

Even if we sign Lookman, we should also sign a couple more as it really is the one area we lack quality and numbers.

Justin is a great LB. He's proved this time and time again. This is where he should play

Was it the league cup game at Villa Park on 26th September 2007 where we had a team made up mainly of fullbacks?
Maybury and Mattock were full-backs. Kenton had played a good portion of his career at full-back, as had Chambers. Stearman started his City career at right back. N’Gotty had played at full-back in France. At full time, all six were on the pitch, in addition to Kisnorbo and McAuley. Alan Sheehan, a left back, remained on the bench.

Apparently that was good enough to knock a Premier League side out. Curtis Davies made his Villa debut after signing from West Brom and later described himself as a ‘pub player’ for his performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00