Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to make what some may view as tough/unfair decisions. We can’t have a refresh of the squad and only sell Tielemans and possibly Soyuncu. There’s no way Choudhury should be retained if someone will take him off our hands. Amartey has been (for the most-part) good this season, but he’s definitely one to sell if we can get a taker. Ihenacho has been decent this season - very good occasionally, but if we get a decent offer then I’d sell.

For me, I’d consider selling any of the following (obviously not all of them)

Ward
Soyuncu
Bertrand
Amartey
Vestegaard
Choudhury
Mendy
Perez
Ihenacho
And I wouldn’t sign Lookman

We need to make what some may view as tough/unfair decisions. We can’t have a refresh of the squad and only sell Tielemans and possibly Soyuncu. There’s no way Choudhury should be retained if someone will take him off our hands. Amartey has been (for the most-part) good this season, but he’s definitely one to sell if we can get a taker. Ihenacho has been decent this season - very good occasionally, but if we get a decent offer then I’d sell.

For me, I’d consider selling any of the following (obviously not all of them)

Ward
Soyuncu
Bertrand
Amartey
Vestegaard
Choudhury
Mendy
Perez
Ihenacho
And I wouldn’t sign Lookman

I agree with that list if you add at least Jakupovic, Tielemans and Praet to it as well. Percy is right when he says that our main challenge this summer will be getting rid of players. Our squad is horribly bloated. As well as raising transfer funds, we also have to reduce our absurd wage bill.

We have added and added players over the last couple of seasons without moving enough out. The injury crisis and extra European matches has made that seem okay this year but a core of '16-18 players' before additions means that every player retained has to have a definite role. Being a decent back up option shouldn't be enough.

It is most likely that we won't be in Europe next season. We could win the ECL or finish 7th but both are unlikely. If we do qualify, 2-3 of the list may be kept on. That's where people like Amartey or Lookman come back into the equation. But if we're not in Europe, we really don't need lots of the current squad.

Even losing every one of the players named above, we're still left with 16 players in the first team squad not including a bunch of supposedly talented kids. And remember that next season is effectively split in two.

Say we signed Covill (CB), Brennan (8) and Madueke (RW) because we're apparently interested in them. And then a couple others as we're supposed to be signing 5-6. That still leaves us with two players for every position even if all the above 12 go.

Not seen this posted elsewhere but supposedly, Tielemans, Nacho, Perez and Soyuncu all up for sale.

Just read the John Percy article a few posts up. My guess is that the Mail did that and then wrote this.

I agree with that list if you add at least Jakupovic, Tielemans and Praet to it as well. Percy is right when he says that our main challenge this summer will be getting rid of players. Our squad is horribly bloated. As well as raising transfer funds, we also have to reduce our absurd wage bill.

We have added and added players over the last couple of seasons without moving enough out. The injury crisis and extra European matches has made that seem okay this year but a core of '16-18 players' before additions means that every player retained has to have a definite role. Being a decent back up option shouldn't be enough.

It is most likely that we won't be in Europe next season. We could win the ECL or finish 7th but both are unlikely. If we do qualify, 2-3 of the list may be kept on. That's where people like Amartey or Lookman come back into the equation. But if we're not in Europe, we really don't need lots of the current squad.

Even losing every one of the players named above, we're still left with 16 players in the first team squad not including a bunch of supposedly talented kids. And remember that next season is effectively split in two.

Say we signed Covill (CB), Brennan (8) and Madueke (RW) because we're apparently interested in them. And then a couple others as we're supposed to be signing 5-6. That still leaves us with two players for every position even if all the above 12 go.
I left Tielemans off the list cos’ I consider that a given. And I totally forgot about Praet.

Not seen this posted elsewhere but supposedly, Tielemans, Nacho, Perez and Soyuncu all up for sale.

Thought it looked like a bad sign when BR brought Amartey on ahead of Cags on Saturday.

That said, he has been pretty dreadful for most of the last two seasons, so mot sure how many bidders there would be.

Can't wait to see what players Rodgers replaces the likes of Tielemans and Maddison with.

What a mouth-watering prospect.

TBF he could always replace Tielemans with Amartey seeing as he more or less plays him at CB these days.

ST prices going up because we are all going to be rewarded with watching the next Lazar Markovic replace Maddison.

Yay

The manager should set the remit for the recruitment team. He should specify positions and skillset. After that, he should be nowhere near the process.

When we've recruited well, we've done it this way. Employ recruitment experts, use the very well funded analytical department and let them get on with it.

Thought it looked like a bad sign when BR brought Amartey on ahead of Cags on Saturday.

That said, he has been pretty dreadful for most of the last two seasons, so mot sure how many bidders there would be.
Just sell him to Man U. They'll fall for it again no worries.

Tielemans is the big downer. Gamble that didn't pay off. Sell him last summer & we'd have got double the price but we took the risk that he'd inspire us to a great season with CL qualification at the end of it. Instead he's been less than remarkable & we've been shite. Our luck has run out & now we take a loss. I just wish i had more faith in our recruitment these days as a top form Youri will take a lot of replacing & whoever it is will need to hit the ground running.

Plus it'll probably be Vardy's last season & he won't play every game or even close to it. An era is ending & we need to get this right. Most important summer since the title win.

No way we sell Maddison, unless he wants to go.

Tielemans would be the same, but he does seem to want to go. Or at least not willing to sign a new deal yet, which means we have to sell in the summer.

Selling some of our more 'marketable' assets will give us funds to strengthen other areas, but no way we want to sell them all.

Soyuncu is probably a good one to move on if we get a good offer, because he's the type of player that's grabbed enough attention in the past to still probably generate interest and a good fee, without people realising how unreliable he is

The reason Maddison is highly unlikely to get a big move is because very few teams at that level would accommodate a 'number 10'.

When on form, he's an excellent creative midfielder. But who plays them nowadays? Not many. More than anything else, it's why he's nowhere near for England.

We have enough trouble getting him into our line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263