Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling there will be quite a lot season tickets becoming available next year. We're giving up 3 and the two older chaps either side of me will also be giving up. So that'll b 5 seats in a row, in J3, for the first time in a very long time.

I looked to move seats before this season and there wasn't two seats together anywhere in the block.

Last edited:
I have a feeling there will be quite season tickets becoming available next year. We're giving up 3 and the two older chaps either side of me will also be giving up. So that'll b 5 seats in a row, in J3, for the first time in a very long time.

I looked to move seats before this season and there wasn't two seats together anywhere in the block.
I also note that the club have started sending out emails about ticket availability, which have previously been very rare. I assume someone has realised they may actually need to try and sell these games in the run up to the end of the season.

Simple question, why can't we?
CP have created an 'end' for their fans who want to create an atmosphere (support the team)

This meant asking season ticket holders in that area to relocate.

Leicester will not do this. They are also one of the only clubs to completely refuse to engage with safe standing.

They make UFS jump through hoops for every single game and the group has to plead for a area to create a singing section for cup games. The club refused for PSV despite it being a raging success for the previous round.

Clappers

Wanky music

Fans who go out of habit rather than desire and are actually scared to give up something they no longer enjoy.

A stale, unrotated supporter base who have been spoilt and don't know how to support unless things are going VERY well.

As I've said before, the main reason why the atmosphere at the KP isn't good is because it's largely full of miserable old gits like me.
You may have a point.
In the area I sit, none of the regular season ticket holders were there for the Rennes home game, the vocal support was a bloody big improvement.
Not the usual moaners!

Some season ticket holders seem to require their fortnightly fix of taking their own personal troubles out on the team.
Feck knows what they do during the summer, probably watch reruns of games and shout at the tellybox.

Feck knows what they do during the summer, probably watch reruns of games and shout at the tellybox.

I spend alternate summers either shouting abuse at the England cricket team or the England football team.

I find that it allows me to vent my inner boo to my satisfaction.

The singing section was a load of shit

Fartarsing about singing about ‘don’t sell Knockeart’ and ‘Iwan is a Welshman’ etc

Our players must have thought they were a right load of twats

The best atmospheres we have seen in recent years was the tail end of the great escape, and large parts of the title winning season. Most of the noise came from the older fans, and included the clappers as part of the whole thing. Some of those games were better than anything Crystal Palace could produce

The younger lot were part of that, but certainly didn’t lead it - they were too busy singing about Steve Walsh being here there and everywhere, or something

Atmosphere at the KP was then officially killed off by watching the dog turd served up by Puel, and who can blame it. Getting it back from there is quite a challenge

They have "singing sections" at MLS matches here, complete with a platform in front of the fans and a bloke with a megaphone who spends the whole game with his back to the pitch orchestrating the singing. Load of manufactured bollocks.
They have something similar in many Bundesliga matches - don't think anyone would call it manufactured

They have "singing sections" at MLS matches here, complete with a platform in front of the fans and a bloke with a megaphone who spends the whole game with his back to the pitch orchestrating the singing. Load of manufactured bollocks.
Don't they have little song sheets with family friendly lyrics passed around before the match?

They have something similar in many Bundesliga matches - don't think anyone would call it manufactured

In Germany maybe not due to the history there, but MLS is less than thirty years old.

Many of the clubs here try to emulate what has been seen on television from the big leagues around the world as far as the atmosphere is concerned. To them it's all about the "match day experience" as they try to make it appear that their "product" is the same as the big leagues in Europe.

The best atmospheres we have seen in recent years was the tail end of the great escape, and large parts of the title winning season. Most of the noise came from the older fans, and included the clappers as part of the whole thing. Some of those games were better than anything Crystal Palace could produce
Geological evidence should you need it.

The singing section was a load of shit

Fartarsing about singing about ‘don’t sell Knockeart’ and ‘Iwan is a Welshman’ etc

Our players must have thought they were a right load of twats

The Iwan is a welshman song has to be the most annoying one we sing as in the grand scheme of things, he's hardly up there with our best ever - he was good at the time but there have been numerous better players since then.

Tielemans won us the FA Cup and we barely have a song for him but we still sing about an average striker just cus he once scored a hat-trick against Wolves.

The only thing I'll disagree one is why would it be the young ones who would sing about him and Walshy etc as anyone younger than mid 30s probably never seen them play for us??

The only thing I'll disagree one is why would it be the young ones who would sing about him and Walshy etc as anyone younger than mid 30s probably never seen them play for us??
Maybe Homer sees people in their 30’s as young whippersnappers?

The people around me in SK2 are miserable as ****. I get excited, lost in the game, shout and sing all that…. I’ve got a lad to my right who spends entire games trying to check his betting app, a couple next to my dad who take it in turns to miss Liverpool games so their plastic son can go (yes really) and dozens of sour, gammon faced gimmers who sit with their arms folded looking like the whole thing is a massive inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566