Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forget that this is Leicester City we are talking about. I haven't been a ST holder since I moved to France in 2011, but I was in the nineties and noughties. In those days, we had to create our own entertainment. Some of the banter would leave me with stomach cramps after the game.

I have a feeling there will be quite a lot season tickets becoming available next year. We're giving up 3 and the two older chaps either side of me will also be giving up. So that'll b 5 seats in a row, in J3, for the first time in a very long time.

I looked to move seats before this season and there wasn't two seats together anywhere in the block.
I hope so.

The best atmospheres we have seen in recent years was the tail end of the great escape, and large parts of the title winning season. Most of the noise came from the older fans, and included the clappers as part of the whole thing. Some of those games were better than anything Crystal Palace could produce

The younger lot were part of that, but certainly didn’t lead it - they were too busy singing about Steve Walsh being here there and everywhere, or something

Atmosphere at the KP was then officially killed off by watching the dog turd served up by Puel, and who can blame it. Getting it back from there is quite a challenge
And more than anything else away from what was happening on the pitch, there is no doubt that it was the atmosphere generated by the clappers that won us the title.

Basically the old fans only sang when we were able to win a Premier league title and can't be ****ed since then?

Good support.

The clappers are no longer an aid for atmosphere they are a hindrance as they drown out the smaller amount of singers. People sit there with glazed over eyes tapping them out of sync and the song dies.

The quicker the Cringe things are ****ed off the better

In Germany maybe not due to the history there, but MLS is less than thirty years old.

Many of the clubs here try to emulate what has been seen on television from the big leagues around the world as far as the atmosphere is concerned. To them it's all about the "match day experience" as they try to make it appear that their "product" is the same as the big leagues in Europe.
And so what if they are? I think the Germans would simply call this organisation rather than being manufactured. MLS teams and fans organising something similar might seem manufactured, or maybe it's a way to produce a bedrock of atmosphere which fans can then build on either independently or through the channels (as provided in the German clubs I'm familiar with at least) for fans to submit ideas for songs, chants etc which can then be organised for those who want them. If the alternative is the joyless atmosphere being described elsewhere on this thread, I think it's worth a try

Basically the old fans only sang when we were able to win a Premier league title and can't be ****ed since then?

Good support.

The clappers are no longer an aid for atmosphere they are a hindrance as they drown out the smaller amount of singers. People sit there with glazed over eyes tapping them out of sync and the song dies.

The quicker the Cringe things are ****ed off the better

I found Klopp's comment in advance of their early kick off last Saturday relevant to this attitude. He basically told Liverpool fans not to bother going to Anfield unless they were going to make a lot of noise.

It goes back to the impossible to answer point of whether it is the role of supporters to motivate the players or vice versa.

The truth is that it's a bit of both. What I object to is fake attempts to create atmosphere. Or being told that it's my responsibility to create an atmosphere. **** you, I'm a paying customer.

One other thing is that I don't know the words to most of the newer songs. I get the general point and some of the words but I struggle with lots too. I'd appreciate someone that sings these songs posting the words. I might join in a bit more then.

For you BN - you’ll fit in with singing section quite nicely:

”Iwan is a welshman
he wears a Welshman hat
he lives next door to Joachim
In a Leicester council flat
Etc. Etc.

”Iwan is a welshman
he wears a Welshman hat
Etc. Etc.
He scores them with his left foot
He scores them with his right
And when we play the Derby
He scores all ****ing night...

”Iwan is a welshman
he wears a Welshman hat
Etc. Etc.
Additionally, BN, if you find yourself at an away game, take note of whether you’re on the left side or the right side.

”Iwan is a welshman
he wears a Welshman hat
Etc. Etc.

I was around at away matches when this originated so I know it. I always wished that whoever had come up with that one had just spent a couple more minutes on it so it would make sense.

It's songs from the last few years that I struggle with. For example, I vaguely heard people singing something about Amartey at a recent match. I couldn't work it out though.

I was around at away matches when this originated so I know it. I always wished that whoever had come up with that one had just spent a couple more minutes on it so it would make sense.

It's songs from the last few years that I struggle with. For example, I vaguely heard people singing something about Amartey at a recent match. I couldn't work it out though.
Pirates of Penzance it aint.

He scores them with his left foot
He scores them with his right
And when we play the Derby
He scores all ****ing night...

Ok, you’re in

If you also know a song about Anthony Knockeart, who hasn’t actually played for us for ****ing years, then you might also be in line to be a singing section leader

Ok, you’re in

If you also know a song about Anthony Knockeart, who hasn’t actually played for us for ****ing years, then you might also be in line to be a singing section leader
Can I join in? I know a Knockeart song that he used to sing in the street when he came home from clubbing pissed at 2am, he was my next door neighbour for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669