Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Many, many, many times. Let me give you my secret.

So, in about 1926 there was this bloke called Baird...

To answer your second stupid question, because he's rightly recognised as an excellent defender hence why Villa paid £26m for him. Robert Huth was 31 when we bought him, Wes Morgan was 28. We did nothing with those two duffers at the back.....
In answer to your stupid response. We're not going to pay 26m for a 29 year old. What kind of idiot thinks that?

Not at all big-mac. I have followed the Brexit process very closely as an Englishman living in France, so I have a vested interest in it. I fully understand that following the immigration regulations has not been everybody's favourite pass-time.
It's pastime.

In answer to your stupid response. We're not going to pay 26m for a 29 year old. What kind of idiot thinks that?
Okay. I mean you're absolutely out of you're tiny ****ing mind if you think that, in today's market, your going to get a player like that for anything less.

You're underestimating the quality of the player and the state of the market. Just to give you an example, a 30 year old Chris Wood cost Newcastle £25m and that complete and total horse shit of a duffer Douglas Luiz at Villa is reportedly leaving for £40m. The market is as ridiculous your questioning.

Okay. I mean you're absolutely out of you're tiny ****ing mind if you think that, in today's market, your going to get a player like that for anything less.

You're underestimating the quality of the player and the state of the market. Just to give you an example, a 30 year old Chris Wood cost Newcastle £25m and that complete and total horse shit of a duffer Douglas Luiz at Villa is reportedly leaving for £40m. The market is as ridiculous your questioning.
I'm not saying clubs won't pay it. I'm saying we won't and shouldn't pay it. It completely goes against our model.

I'm not saying clubs won't pay it. I'm saying we won't and shouldn't pay it. It completely goes against our model.

We paid £15m for a (shit) 29 year old backup defender.

If we thought the 28 year old defender was exactly what we needed as first choice for £25m, I think we'd pay it.

I agree we'd be more likely to go for a younger player, but I don't think you can rule the older one out this summer.

....I believe the rules changed around Jan 2021 and submissions had to be in by June 2021 to continue the status Quo. Has the same been applied to Youri Tielemans or is Belgium a different case in point? I believe his wife lives with him in Quorn.

Tielemans joined the club in 2019.

Not a rumour, but if this is true I’d love to see here

West Ham will listen to offers for Czech Republic midfielder Tomas Soucek, 27, this summer following a reported falling-out with manager David Moyes.

Our 'model' needs updating to match the current market and to match what we need. £26m is a snip in today's money, for Diego Carlos.

Our 'model' needs updating to match the current market and to match what we need. £26m is a snip in today's money, for Diego Carlos.
It was pointed out that Leicester is not really a young team at several points in the season, there are a few young players but the average age is not that low. The model always included senior players.

Don't get me going on that. I have spent the last six years trying to come to terms with it and I don't think that I have yet totally succeeded. Sorry about my spelling error. I don't get to write much in English these days.

I enjoyed it as a Proustian pun ... À la recherche du temps perdu.

I would loathe the bloke forever if he signed for them and I don't think the FA Cup winning goal would be enough to change my mind
I take it that you hate our Gary because he played for spurs? Personally I really don't care where players move to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669