Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schmichael
Fofana
Castagne
Ricardo
Justin
Tielemans
Ndidi
Madison
Vardy

All too good to be happy at a mid table team, with their current abilities and reputations. I'm not suggesting they are all pushing to move, but I expect they would all be willing to listen to offers, and would need some reassurance that things will be better next season to be happy here.

Schmichael
Fofana
Castagne
Ricardo
Justin
Tielemans
Ndidi
Madison
Vardy

All too good to be happy at a mid table team, with their current abilities and reputations. I'm not suggesting they are all pushing to move, but I expect they would all be willing to listen to offers, and would need some reassurance that things will be better next season to be happy here.
Yet, it's thanks to them we are a mid table team. So, maybe they aren't too good!

Notice that I didn't mention performances, though most of them were decent when they were available and up to fitness which wasn't often enough.

Some of our player's careers will go downhill when they leave us, but those mentioned will still be looking upwards, except maybe Vardy who will struggle to get an upward move due to his age.

Had all of them been available all season we would of finished higher up the table.
Just like we would have solved the corner conundrum if Fofana and Evans had ever been fit and played together.

it’s far too easy to glibly say, “if this” and “if that”. We’ve been shit too this season when we’ve had our first team out there on the pitch.

Just like we would have solved the corner conundrum if Fofana and Evans had ever been fit and played together.

it’s far too easy to glibly say, “if this” and “if that”. We’ve been shit too this season when we’ve had our first team out there on the pitch.
We haven't had one game this season with all 1st team players available.
We finished 5th two seasons running with a fit squad
I'm not saying we would of solved the set piece issue but if we had a fully fit squad all season we would of finished higher up the table

You are ****ing dense sometimes
No I am not dense and do you just enjoy hurling pejoratives? I have asked a legitimate question regarding players from the EU and the impact of BREXIT, from my limited understanding people from the EU who live and work in the UK are entitled to have their spouses and children domicile with them.

I believe the rules changed around Jan 2021 and submissions had to be in by June 2021 to continue the status Quo. Has the same been applied to Youri Tielemans or is Belgium a different case in point? I believe his wife lives with him in Quorn.

We haven't had one game this season with all 1st team players available.
We finished 5th two seasons running with a fit squad
I'm not saying we would of solved the set piece issue but if we had a fully fit squad all season we would of finished higher up the table
It's 'would have solved '

Notice that I didn't mention performances, though most of them were decent when they were available and up to fitness which wasn't often enough.

Some of our player's careers will go downhill when they leave us, but those mentioned will still be looking upwards, except maybe Vardy who will struggle to get an upward move due to his age.
It's players' careers

Prior to Brexit, there was free movement of people within the EU for any reason. Post Brexit, people from the EU can only move to the UK to live if they have a job. An EU citizen who has move to the UK since Brexit happened on the 31st January 2021 has no automatic right to bring over their extended family.
French Fox thank you for explaining it to me I hope my post did not come across as terse that was not my intent.

French Fox thank you for explaining it to me I hope my post did not come across as terse that was not my intent.
Not at all big-mac. I have followed the Brexit process very closely as an Englishman living in France, so I have a vested interest in it. I fully understand that following the immigration regulations has not been everybody's favourite pass-time.

Ever seen him play? Why would we be after a 29 year old center back?
I've never seen him play and have no clue if we should have been in for him or not.

But why is his age a factor? Why shouldn't we sign a 29 year-old if he fits a need in the team/squad?

Ever seen him play? Why would we be after a 29 year old center back?
Yes. Many, many, many times. Let me give you my secret.

So, in about 1926 there was this bloke called Baird...

To answer your second stupid question, because he's rightly recognised as an excellent defender hence why Villa paid £26m for him. Robert Huth was 31 when we bought him, Wes Morgan was 28. We did nothing with those two duffers at the back.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669