Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that Arsenal are the ones wanting Tielemans as they already have Ødegaard in that position.

I just hope he goes this summer and we get some sort of fee for him. I couldn’t care less who he signs for. It’s better for Leicester if he leaves now and we reinvest the money.

Rumours seem to suggest that they want Tielemans as well as Vieira. I was hoping it was instead of...

Like others, I'd be really pissed off to see him go to Arsenal. Not sure I'd hold it against him in the same way as Maguire picking Man Utd, but would be very frustrating.

Would much rather he goes abroad.

Word on the street is that Tielemans wants to play for a Champions League side but, as of now, none appear to want him.

He also would prefer to play in Spain but nobody there wants him either.

That has left him and Leicester in a bit of trouble. It could be argued that it is now in his best interest to stay for another year and then he becomes appealing to the sides he wants.

If he leaves for Arsenal this summer, it will suit Leicester more than Tielemans. Or does it?

Ultimately, his agent has made a bit of a mess of things. Their expectation was that last season would enhance his reputation but it appears to have done the opposite.

In my opinion, it's his professionalism that has held him back. He's played far too much football which has diluted his quality and made the analysts nervous. Very few players that have played as heavily early in their careers, are still any good by the time they reach 30.

If he and his agent have any self-awareness, they'll be seeking as much money as possible over the next few years. In that scenario, few clubs are more generous to 'past it' players than Arsenal.

Ultimately, his agent has made a bit of a mess of things. Their expectation was that last season would enhance his reputation but it appears to have done the opposite.
He'll have to completely change his attitude if he wants it to be any different in s year's time.

I'm sure he suffered from fatigue this season, but for large swathes of games - and early on in the season, he looked disinterested.

I'm sure if some of the elite clubs were looking at him this season versus others, they would have noticed his downturn in effort. If this is the case then he is in trouble and therefore, ergo, we risk him going next season on a free. More concerning is that if this scenario unfolds to a 'free' position, we could see an even more disinterested Tielemans this coming season.

Get rid now even at £20 million.

Word on the street is that Tielemans wants to play for a Champions League side but, as of now, none appear to want him.

He also would prefer to play in Spain but nobody there wants him either.

That has left him and Leicester in a bit of trouble. It could be argued that it is now in his best interest to stay for another year and then he becomes appealing to the sides he wants.

If he leaves for Arsenal this summer, it will suit Leicester more than Tielemans. Or does it?

In my opinion, it's his professionalism that has held him back. He's played far too much football which has diluted his quality and made the analysts nervous. Very few players that have played as heavily early in their careers, are still any good by the time they reach 30.

If he and his agent have any self-awareness, they'll be seeking as much money as possible over the next few years. In that scenario, few clubs are more generous to 'past it' players than Arsenal.
Pretty much what I said above :023:

I'm sure he suffered from fatigue this season, but for large swathes of games - and early on in the season, he looked disinterested.

I'm sure if some of the elite clubs were looking at him this season versus others, they would have noticed his downturn in effort. If this is the case then he is in trouble and therefore, ergo, we risk him going next season on a free. More concerning is that if this scenario unfolds to a 'free' position, we could see an even more disinterested Tielemans this coming season.

Or, alternatively, he might want to show everyone how good he is to earn a move to a team he feels he deserves to go to.

I think it’ll be a moot point and he’ll move on this summer, but if he really isn’t attracting offers from the teams he wants to move to, then it could be that he’s more interested, rather than disinterested. The classic “contract year” in American sports.

How do you reconcile his incredible reliability by being on the pitch all the time with the idea that he didn't put the effort in?

How do you reconcile his incredible reliability by being on the pitch all the time with the idea that he didn't put the effort in?
What, you have never seen players be on the pitch all the time, yet put in reduced effort?

His stats suggest he was pretty much equally as effective the last two seasons:

Per match average
2020/21​
2021/22​
Goals
0.2​
0.2​
Assists
0.1​
0.1​
xG
0.1​
0.2​
xA
0.1​
0.1​
Touches:
Total
83​
70​
Opponent's half
46​
36​
Final third
21​
16​
Penalty area
1.2​
1.1​
Goal attempts
1.3​
1.8​
Attempts in box
0.4​
0.5​
Tackles
3.9​
4.1​
Interceptions
1.2​
0.7​
Recoveries
7.1​
5.9​
Clearances
0.5​
1.3​
Blocks
0.2​
0.4​

I find it baffling that people are so convinced Youri had given up this season.

I don't see it in the same way as Mahrez or Drinkwater's final seasons with us at all.

I just think Youri has been knackered, playing a different role in the midfield and out of form, probably at least partly as a result of the first two.

A big thing that I think has been overlooked with Youri as well this season is how much he's had to play without Ndidi next to him in midfield. We were all pretty convinced we had one of the best central midfield pairings in the league before this season started, and the importance of being without Ndidi I think has been largely ignored.

We've seen with other pairings in this squad in recent seasons - Kante and Drinkwater, Evans and Maguire/Soyuncu - how important the right partner is to making the other player look better.

Youri is clearly a quality player in his own right, but losing Ndidi next to him definitely has made his season harder I'd imagine, especially since he's been expected to partly cover Ndidi's work.

He wouldn't want to sit on our bench and he's no better than Schmeichel. We've got bigger priorities.
He's the first keeper I've seen who both good enough to replace Kasper now and in the long term, and who does so at a reasonable asking price. Sometimes you just have to act when such players are available

What, you have never seen players be on the pitch all the time, yet put in reduced effort?

I don't understand the narrative that his head was elsewhere. If it was, why physically batter yourself for us? BR said that he often spoke to Tielemans about resting him and he always wanted to play, irrespective of how exhausted he was.

He appeared to lack effort only because there was so little left in his tank.

In case you missed it here, Youri has played as many minutes as the average 33 year old player across Europe's top five leagues, and has played around 7,000 minutes (80 matches) more than any other 24 year old across all five divisions. It's insane.

Brown Nose Brown Nose "If I speak (about Tielemans' minutes), I am in trouble..."

In case you missed it here, Youri has played as many minutes as the average 33 year old player across Europe's top five leagues, and has played around 7,000 minutes (80 matches) more than any other 24 year old across all five divisions. It's insane.

In case you missed my original post, it is above for you to read again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566