Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levi Colwill, Tuchel, Boehly, Chelsea, Koulibaly, Kimpembé, Aké.

Who are these people? Should I know them?

Levi Colwill, Tuchel, Boehly, Chelsea, Koulibaly, Kimpembé, Aké.

Who are these people? Should I know them?

Pro Evo fake names. Colwill is Chilwell at a guess. Tuchel probably Mr Tickle. Boehly is Ed Balls-y. Chelsea is the NF.....

It’s a smokescreen for the sensational return of Joey. He’s just around the corner.

It's a bit boring. At least hoping we would get rid of the dead wood...
Nobody. ****ing. Wants. Them. They. Don't. Want. To. Go.

There's nothing at all, literally nothing, the club or manager can do about that.

There's nothing at all, literally nothing, the club or manager can do about that.
They could have not signed them on crazy contracts in the first place.

They could have not signed them on crazy contracts in the first place.
Let's never sign anyone on contract ever again. That'll sort it.

Loads of people on here were creaming themselves silly about Soumare and Bertrand..... they haven't worked. Choudhury, Mendy, Perez.... none of these are on 'crazy contracts', they just don't have any suitors.

No one was "creaming themselves silly" over Bertrand.
Excuse the hyperbole. I thought that the sentiment was pretty simple but okay, I'll rephrase. Many people thought Bertrand was a great signing on a sensible contract.

Instead, he's complete ****ing donkey dick and we're stuck with the ****er because who else would want it?

I hope that's better.

Let's never sign anyone on contract ever again. That'll sort it.
Yeah that’s what I said. Absolutely that.

As if you used Mendy as an example. His contract was expiring and we gave him a new one. If that’s not crazy I’m not sure what is.

And spending £15m on a seventh choice centre back? Yeah, not crazy that is it?

Yeah that’s what I said. Absolutely that.

As if you used Mendy as an example. His contract was expiring and we gave him a new one. If that’s not crazy I’m not sure what is.

And spending £15m on a seventh choice centre back? Yeah, not crazy that is it?
We needed Mendy in that moment. It was a quick and easy solution to a problem. It certainly wasn't crazy and neither were the terms of the deal.

We needed a CB. Soyuncu was playing like a blind man with one leg, Fofana was out, Amartey is Amartey and Evans was falling to bits. Vestergaard had just had a very, very good international tournament and an excellent PL season. It seemed sensible. Playing him the way we have done has been ****ing stupid, but the contract we gave him wasn't.

We expected Tielemans to go. There's been no interest. Praet hasn't worked and we have actively tried to get him gone, this hasn't worked but it might. We've been actively trying to get rid of Choudhury and Mendy for a long while but with no takers. There's the square root of **** all we can do to get these wheels greased.

If there really never will be any suitors there is one option. You can offer a severance. Let’s say I have a 3 year contract. I know you aren’t playing me and I know no one wants to pay a fee. I will accept 2 years in my back pocket to terminate my deal. I will then go get another contract somewhere else. I’m quids in because I get 2 years plus a brand new contract some place else.

It’s not glamorous but if the only alternative is we pay for years and they go on a free, it is a genuine option.

If there really never will be any suitors there is one option. You can offer a severance. Let’s say I have a 3 year contract. I know you aren’t playing me and I know no one wants to pay a fee. I will accept 2 years in my back pocket to terminate my deal. I will then go get another contract somewhere else. I’m quids in because I get 2 years plus a brand new contract some place else.

It’s not glamorous but if the only alternative is we pay for years and they go on a free, it is a genuine option.
You can offer it, but it doesn't have to be taken. I doubt whether many players would choose to take this route and miss out tens of thousands of pounds.

Also, finding the cash to buy out the contracts of numerous players all at the same time, is a lot easier said than done and certainly a lot harder than paying it over a couple of calendar years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566