Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers came here in Feb 19. Congerton May 19.

There’s no way they scouted Justin. He joined in June.

I don’t know how much of a hand they (he and Congerton - a man who was such a disaster he was binned in short order) had in the others (2020 signings), but I know we needed a left back so he bought a decent right back.

In recent history we have looked at players long term before signing. I doubt we stumped up the reddies to sign players he and Congerton suggested with 6-9 months of them joining. We would already have had targets in mind and scouted them long before then.

Fair play if he and Congerton unearthed Fofana. Even a broken clock gets the time correct twice a day.

What we can do is fairly attribute the likes of Patson Daka, Boubakary Soumare, Ryan Bertrand, and Jannik Vestergaard to him and Congerton. They are last summer’s crop and well within the Rogers/Congerton sphere of influence. They are also all very poor players. He has squandered tens of millions. Even Bertrand cost far more than we should’ve spent, and that **** was on a free.

We were a good team and we were capable of way more than he has delivered. It wasn’t his talent that nearly got us consecutive top 4 positions. It’s his ineptitude that cost us the top 4 (and the considerable financial reward it would’ve brought with it).

I’m surprised anyone can play for him this coming season. They went missing under the bus he chucked them under last term when his tactics proved embarrassingly how far short he is on the elite salary he gets paid.

Reciting players he probably had no hand in scouting doesn’t convince me of his calibre.

With a fully fit squad without European football and no additional signings I still think we will have an excellent season, I'd be more than happy with just a good RW as the only addition.
If we worked on defending set pieces that would be the best signing we could make.

Rodgers came here in Feb 19. Congerton May 19.

There’s no way they scouted Justin. He joined in June.

I don’t know how much of a hand they (he and Congerton - a man who was such a disaster he was binned in short order) had in the others (2020 signings), but I know we needed a left back so he bought a decent right back.

In recent history we have looked at players long term before signing. I doubt we stumped up the reddies to sign players he and Congerton suggested with 6-9 months of them joining. We would already have had targets in mind and scouted them long before then.

Fair play if he and Congerton unearthed Fofana. Even a broken clock gets the time correct twice a day.

What we can do is fairly attribute the likes of Patson Daka, Boubakary Soumare, Ryan Bertrand, and Jannik Vestergaard to him and Congerton. They are last summer’s crop and well within the Rogers/Congerton sphere of influence. They are also all very poor players. He has squandered tens of millions. Even Bertrand cost far more than we should’ve spent, and that **** was on a free.

We were a good team and we were capable of way more than he has delivered. It wasn’t his talent that nearly got us consecutive top 4 positions. It’s his ineptitude that cost us the top 4 (and the considerable financial reward it would’ve brought with it).

I’m surprised anyone can play for him this coming season. They went missing under the bus he chucked them under last term when his tactics proved embarrassingly how far short he is on the elite salary he gets paid.

Reciting players he probably had no hand in scouting doesn’t convince me of his calibre.
I agree with the signings. They have mostly been terrible.
But fair play to BR. Two top 5 finishes and a FA cup is excellent for a club with our finances. I completely reject we achieved this in spite of Rodgers. He's a man with flaws. Arrogance, over confidence, a player of games. But after seeing some of shit managers we've had over the years I'll take those flaws over complete shitness.

If we don’t sign a right sided attacker and a decent back up striker, then we are mid table at best - you are genuinely deluded if you believe otherwise based on last season

One or two injuries (particularly Vardy) and the best we are looking at is 15th/16th

I agree with the signings. They have mostly been terrible.
But fair play to BR. Two top 5 finishes and a FA cup is excellent for a club with our finances. I completely reject we achieved this in spite of Rodgers. He's a man with flaws. Arrogance, over confidence, a player of games. But after seeing some of shit managers we've had over the years I'll take those flaws over complete shitness.
We were so clear of 5th we should’ve strolled it. He bottled it.

Twice.

The team bottled it. Yes, he's part of that but it was collective bottling.

But also, we got there twice. How many teams outside of the big six have done that?
BR has a history of last minute failure at more than 1 club.

The team bottled it. Yes, he's part of that but it was collective bottling.

But also, we got there twice. How many teams outside of the big six have done that?
It was a total bottle job. Key players were playing well, then got injured at crucial times

You think we were capable of 'way more' than two 5th place finishes, an 8th place finish, an FA Cup win, a Charity Shield win and a Wuropean semi-final albeit the intertoto cup of some kind? Way more?!

Football supporters are ****ing broken.
Total unrealistic tossers.

What we can do is fairly attribute the likes of Patson Daka, Boubakary Soumare, Ryan Bertrand
Okay, let's add those to the list. Soumare looked a fabulous signing on paper. He came with an excellent pedigree on the back of a title winning run in which he played a major part. He was being looked at by clubs all over Europe. Okay, he has been dire for us. His mental health deterioration has bollocksed his chances up here but that cannot be laid at the door of the management that signed him. It should have been money well spent.

People keep telling me Daka will be a good signing. The jury must be out on that one. I think he's been rubbish but others would disagree and say he's done a decent enough job as a back up striker; the role he was brought in to fill. Time will tell.

Almost everyone on here was happy with the Bertrand signing. He was free so not a big risk. He's been shite too but again, how much of that is down to mental health or his C19 recovery? Guess we will find out but we haven't lost much in him unless you believe some drivel on a spurious website about him being on squillions a year.

Congerton and Rodgers have no better or no worse a hit to miss ratio than any other pairing across the Premier League. **** me, imagine being an Everton fan.

You're also forgetting the development of players under Rodgers. KDH has been a standout player for us, brought in by Rodgers. Iheanacho has, arguably, had his best spell with us under Rodgers. Thomas has developed really well under him despite the fact some can't see it. He might be a bit rough around the edges but he has come on leaps and bounds. I'd also argue that Maddison has become a better player and a more consistent one under Rodgers as well.

I'm not an apologist for him; he's made some ****ing terrible decisions at times including never, ever practicing how to take or defend a bastard set piece seemingly, but to simply say his tenure has been unsuccessful is just nonsense.

Okay, let's add those to the list. Soumare looked a fabulous signing on paper. He came with an excellent pedigree on the back of a title winning run in which he played a major part. He was being looked at by clubs all over Europe. Okay, he has been dire for us. His mental health deterioration has bollocksed his chances up here but that cannot be laid at the door of the management that signed him. It should have been money well spent.

People keep telling me Daka will be a good signing. The jury must be out on that one. I think he's been rubbish but others would disagree and say he's done a decent enough job as a back up striker; the role he was brought in to fill. Time will tell.

Almost everyone on here was happy with the Bertrand signing. He was free so not a big risk. He's been shite too but again, how much of that is down to mental health or his C19 recovery? Guess we will find out but we haven't lost much in him unless you believe some drivel on a spurious website about him being on squillions a year.

Congerton and Rodgers have no better or no worse a hit to miss ratio than any other pairing across the Premier League. **** me, imagine being an Everton fan.

You're also forgetting the development of players under Rodgers. KDH has been a standout player for us, brought in by Rodgers. Iheanacho has, arguably, had his best spell with us under Rodgers. Thomas has developed really well under him despite the fact some can't see it. He might be a bit rough around the edges but he has come on leaps and bounds. I'd also argue that Maddison has become a better player and a more consistent one under Rodgers as well.

I'm not an apologist for him; he's made some ****ing terrible decisions at times including never, ever practicing how to take or defend a bastard set piece seemingly, but to simply say his tenure has been unsuccessful is just nonsense.
Yeah but he's a **** so...

Spot on.

whether you are in the don’t panic camp or the we’re heading for relegation camp, it’s certainly been dull hasn’t it.

We’re having the same discussion on Rodgers (done well, underperformed or liability), transfers (terrible, who’s fault or give them time) as we’ve been having for six months now.

At least signing Lookman or Bednarek might take us into the next level of crisis.

You think we were capable of 'way more' than two 5th place finishes, an 8th place finish, an FA Cup win, a Charity Shield win and a Wuropean semi-final albeit the intertoto cup of some kind? Way more?!

Football supporters are ****ing broken.
Yes I do. We were 15 points clear with infinitely winnable games and we bottled it. You’re broken if you think that we weren’t capable of finishing 4th at least once in those two scenarios.

So we agree the signings have been shite. Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669