Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn’t indisputable. It is in your opinion but that doesn’t make it so.
Rodgers joined us in February 2019, when we were 12th in the league.

Can you please provide one objective metric whereby he has underachieved since that date? Just one.

For comparison, regardless of whether one thinks he is the best person to lead us into the next season or not, it's pretty easy to generate a number of objective metrics that he's overachieved on:

1. Finishing 5th in 2019/20 despite having a lower wage bill and less expensive squad than at least six other teams in the league.
  2. Finishing 5th in 2020/21 despite having a lower wage bill and less expensive squad than at least six other teams in the league.
  3. First ever FA Cup win.
  4. First ever (proper) Charity Shield win.
  5. First ever European semi-final.
  6. Highest ever win percentage of any Leicester manager competing in the top division.

Blah, blah. Beaglehole is just covering his own arse in the way he did throughout his time at the club. He was a good development coach ten years ago but he was terrible in his last few years here. Quite rightly, he was ditched a year ago.

Bassey left because he didn't see a 'pathway' here. He was poorly managed by BR and Beaglehole. It's nonsensical to claim that he gave the club such an ultimatum. We said similar about Tavares when we lost him too and that was also bollocks.

The reality is that when you accumulate a massive first team squad, young players are going to think 'am I really going to get a chance here?'. The main reason I want to see a mass exodus of the garbage is to give the likes of Braybrooke and Alves and Nelson and Odunze etc. some hope of breaking through.

We need to return to the sort of squad size that allowed the likes of Barnes and Chilwell to come through.

Blah, blah. Beaglehole is just covering his own arse in the way he did throughout his time at the club. He was a good development coach ten years ago but he was terrible in his last few years here. Quite rightly, he was ditched a year ago.

Bassey left because he didn't see a 'pathway' here. He was poorly managed by BR and Beaglehole. It's nonsensical to claim that he gave the club such an ultimatum. We said similar about Tavares when we lost him too and that was also bollocks.

The reality is that when you accumulate a massive first team squad, young players are going to think 'am I really going to get a chance here?'. The main reason I want to see a mass exodus of the garbage is to give the likes of Braybrooke and Alves and Nelson and Odunze etc. some hope of breaking through.

We need to return to the sort of squad size that allowed the likes of Barnes and Chilwell to come through.
Or, he was there and knows what happened and you weren't.

Tough one.

Let's see how well Bassey does in a proper league at a proper club before deciding that we made a mistake letting him go.

We've had this discussion so many times about young players when they've left us and there are virtually no examples where the names that left then went on to become top players who would have improved us.

Let's see how well Bassey does in a proper league at a proper club before deciding that we made a mistake letting him go.

We've had this discussion so many times about young players when they've left us and there are virtually no examples where the names that left then went on to become top players who would have improved us.
Ahem Tomi Petrescu ahem

Almost every club is put in a situation where a promising player ends up leaving and doing well - just look at Djed Spence at Middlesbrough for example. They can go on to do well or end up with a career in the Turkish 2nd division. We don't have a crystal ball to predict that someone will become the next Heskey or Barnes. It's also possible that the same kind of development is only possible elsewhere and if they had stayed they would be contributing **** all to the team until they leave for Portsmouth when they're 26. It's not worth losing any sleep over.

With that aside, I'd still like to see an increase in the quality of our academy and to see more players good enough to break through to the first team or at least sell for a tidy profit. I'm excited to see what happens with the new training ground and the prospects it could attract so if we can stay around the top half of the premier league for the next 5-10 years we may see that investment begin to pay off.

Luke Thomas made his first team debut a few weeks after Bassey left. KDH made his first team debut a few months before Bassey left.

So there's the 'pathway'.
I'd imagine BR's refusal to play any of the u23s last season despite an ongoing injury crisis might have an impact on how they veiw that pathway.

If we don't have a CB better than Vestergard then we should close the youth set up all together.

I'd imagine BR's refusal to play any of the u23s last season despite an ongoing injury crisis might have an impact on how they veiw that pathway.

If we don't have a CB better than Vestergard then we should close the youth set up all together.
The club followed a policy of trying to emulate Man City by having 2 players in every position of similar quality but without the cash to follow through, this has left a competitive 1st team and a bloated overpaid 2nd team which isn't up to the job. If lucky this season, no significant injuries will mean that top 6-8 is in reach, if unlucky the bottom half awaits.

I'd imagine BR's refusal to play any of the u23s last season

Brunt, Alves, McAteer and Marcal-Madivadua all made their first team debuts last season.

The season before that, Daley-Campbell, Leshabela and Tavares made their debuts.

If they'd been good enough, they'd have played a lot more than they did.

Despite all the hype about Tavares, he played a total of 423 minutes for Porto's B team last season. He might have been better off staying with us and going out on loan to a League One club. But sometimes players think the grass is greener at another side.

I agree that towards the end of the season there should have been more kids on the bench, so there was at least the opportunity to give them some game time, but more young players have come through our academy in recent years than they have previously. If they are good enough, they get a chance under BR.

Of all the things thrown at Brendan, not allowing youth players to progress is arguably the most silly.

I don't like him or dislike him. I'm making the point that saying he has underachieved with what he has at his disposal is ****ing absurd. It is and that is indisputable.

Now are you going to **** me or not you pussy? I've been greased up for ages.
Foreplay is really important to me so the jury is out.

He has underachieved. Yes he has had some good success in winning the FA cup. I don’t dispute that, but we had the team in place to achieve. It double underlines how badly he ****ed up what should’ve been an unassailable 4th place finish 2 seasons in a row. I think another manager wouldn’t have fluffed his lines so badly.

I also see he was getting in his excuses yesterday. Words to the effect of ‘we can’t sell the duffers so we aren’t getting the shake up I wanted’… like he didn’t sign the duffers to begin with or mess up two gilt edged chances to make considerable CL money.

He’s not an elite manager yet he is on elite manager money. Fair play to him. I wish I was a talented con artist.

Enjoy your holidays people.
You wouldn't be saying that if you lived in a metal tube, desperately trying to find some shade. And people worry that we might be cold in winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669