Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is very much in dispute last season. He certainly has to bear a lot of responsibility on the set piece problem.
I think it is very harsh to lay the large portion blame on Kasper.

For half the season, the problem was the shocking zonal marking system employed.

Switching to man marking helped but it still doesn't solve our root problem with set pieces in that we are a physically small and weak team.

We also employ a bizarre system of marking the opposition's most dominant players with players like Tielemans, Nacho or Thomas when it should be our best aerial players marking the oppositions'.

The fact that we barley ever look a threat from a set piece ourselves confirms the fact that we are poor in the air.

Kasper does have a reluctance to stay on his line, that is obvious, but that is not the main reason with our piss poor set piece record.

Even if he did cost a couple of goals at them last season, I'm fairly certain over the whole season, he still earned a lot more points for us than he cost us.

And that is all before you even consider the leadership and experience he brings to the whole squad which no one else can get anywhere near.

Massive gloves to fill here.

FFP is nothing to do with how rich the owners are. Unless you're Man City.
Exactly. Clubs with money write their own rules. The ‘big’ teams do not adhere to FFP, and they certainly don’t sell their best assets.

Vichai’s vision was never ‘a club like Leicester’. He came in with a statement of intent that we would challenge the European places within a short space of time. Luck and good judgement got us there.

Our league position flattered us last season. We are stagnant as a club, and in my opinion (it’s not bed wetting - I’m allowed an opinion) led by a very negative manager who at every opportunity likes to say that a ‘club like Leicester’ have been flattered by the company we keep. The expectation he has built over the past season has been one of, ‘this is not our level’ and ‘gosh what a good job I have done given how picky we are’. ‘The wheels have fallen off? Not a chance! We aren’t failing, and I don’t deserve criticism. After all, this is our level isn’t it. You should be happy we are staying up.’

Brendan left Kasper out against Watford in what would have been his 150th consecutive start. It should’ve been a fantastic achievement that a club hero deserved. The writing was on the wall from then. It was a shit head thing to do to a proper servant for the club. If he goes I don’t blame him. If I had to work for Brendan I’d stick my head in a blender.

The luck isn’t there anymore. Luck in any event only gets you so far. The good judgment unfortunately also left a long time ago. This ends one way. It might not be this season (although I wouldn’t write it off) but there’s trouble ahead. What was good has been dismantled. The opportunity squandered. It’s not knee jerk bed wetting, it’s a steady build towards something Brendan has been conditioning us all for. Mark my words when it goes wrong he won’t acknowledge that he wasted the most money any Leicester manager has been given. He’s an elite manager after all. It will be the clubs fault for not supporting him, and it will be the level we are at. Tin helmets on.

Brendan left Kasper out against Watford in what would have been his 150th consecutive start. It should’ve been a fantastic achievement that a club hero deserved. The writing was on the wall from then. It was a shit head thing to do to a proper servant for the club. If he goes I don’t blame him. If I had to work for Brendan I’d stick my head in a blender.

150 consecutive games is a meaningless stat. Slightly more of an achievement than 149. It's not a record by a long way.
There were already reports that Schmeichel wanted to leave this summer, so it makes sense to give the other first choice keeper a chance.

150 consecutive games is a meaningless stat. Slightly more of an achievement than 149. It's not a record by a long way.
There were already reports that Schmeichel wanted to leave this summer, so it makes sense to give the other first choice keeper a chance.
I’m pretty sure Kasper wouldn’t have seen it that way.

The decision to drop him for that match suggests there was decisions made or maybe a fall out. Either way it's disappointing he didn't get that...but tbh he's probably achieved more here than he expected to when he first signed.

How is giving someone 140+ consecutive games disrespecting them?

Players are dropped/rested all the time. It's part of the game.

How is leaving them out after game 149 not disrespectful? Are you telling me the second choice couldn’t have played 151 until the end of the season? It was a shit head move from a tiny wee man.

How is leaving them out after game 149 not disrespectful. Are you telling me the second choice couldn’t have played 151 until the end of the season? It was a shit head move from a tiny wee man.

150 consecutive games isn't some amazing milestone. Do you think Kasper grew up dreaming of playing 150 consecutive games, and that dream was wrecked by a vindictive manager?
It's just a number. One more than 149.

Ward would have been given a game earlier if he hadn't been injured.

150 consecutive games isn't some amazing milestone. Do you think Kasper grew up dreaming of playing 150 consecutive games, and that dream was wrecked by a vindictive manager?
It's just a number. One more than 149.

Ward would have been given a game earlier if he hadn't been injured.

Had he done 150 there'd have been plenty said by the club though. It would have been a big deal.

Yep. And it would have been bollocks. Less than half the Leicester record. Less than half the Premier League record. What makes 150 so special?
Nothing at all. Apart from 150 soapy tit wanks. That deserves a trophy.

Yep. And it would have been bollocks. Less than half the Leicester record. Less than half the Premier League record. What makes 150 so special?

He's done it during a period in our history when we've been successful? He's also managed to avoid injuries when the manager loves them. Dropping him to check if a duffer is still a duffer seems a bit petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566