Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good beef about Fofana. The Tielemans saga continues to just be a bit sad. He was deserving of playing at a high standard but could end up leaving on a free ffs. No word on the players we would probably like to keep that aren't publicly angling for moves though....

I’ll be absolutely devastated when Schmeichel leaves, an absolute legend of the club and by far away the best goalkeeper we’ve had in my generation.

How are we supposed to replace him without a pot to piss in? (Same question applies to Vardy, Evans, Tielemans etc next summer)

Now is the right time for Schmeichel to leave. I don’t want to spend another season angry at him because he didn’t come for his cross, and angry because he keeps chipping balls to the full backs that go out of play or lead to a chance on our goal. His ability is on the wane. Let him leave now with the best wishes of everyone at Leicester. A legend departs and we move on. Start the season with Iversen and when Ward is fit then we’ll have two options. We can always look at replacing them in January or next summer if necessary.

Now is the right time for Schmeichel to leave.
No

Seeing as it was known that he wanted a new challenge, the time for him to leave was about 6 weeks ago when we should also have had a decent list of possible replacements lined up and ready to go.

We are truly terrible at replacing critical players. He's about as important a player as we have and we'll be left picking up scraps.

Probably be talking about replacing Kasper in 3 years time like we do Mahrez.

No

Seeing as it was known that he wanted a new challenge, the time for him to leave was about 6 weeks ago when we should also have had a decent list of possible replacements lined up and ready to go.

We are truly terrible at replacing critical players. He's about as important a player as we have and we'll be left picking up scraps.

Probably be talking about replacing Kasper in 3 years time like we do Mahrez.
I don’t think we would need to replace him with a new signing. At least in the short-term.

Now is the right time for Schmeichel to leave. I don’t want to spend another season angry at him because he didn’t come for his cross, and angry because he keeps chipping balls to the full backs that go out of play or lead to a chance on our goal. His ability is on the wane. Let him leave now with the best wishes of everyone at Leicester. A legend departs and we move on. Start the season with Iversen and when Ward is fit then we’ll have two options. We can always look at replacing them in January or next summer if necessary.

Superb. Let’s hoof out one of our most important players in the dressing room and give the number 1 jersey to a keeper most PNE fans liked, but didn’t think was prem quality.
Pony.

Would be brave to start the season without a keeper. Brave and/or stupid.

Superb. Let’s hoof out one of our most important players in the dressing room and give the number 1 jersey to a keeper most PNE fans liked, but didn’t think was prem quality.
Pony.
Most supporters didn't think Kasper was premier league quality when he signed for Leicester

Most supporters didn't think Kasper was premier league quality when he signed for Leicester

But we weren't in the Premier League at the time, so he had a chance to grow into one.

I suspect if we start with Ward and Iversen as our keepers this season, Iversen will more game time in cups, but I've not seen anything to suggest he is ready to be out number 1

But we weren't in the Premier League at the time, so he had a chance to grow into one.

I suspect if we start with Ward and Iversen as our keepers this season, Iversen will more game time in cups, but I've not seen anything to suggest he is ready to be out number 1
I was ready to give him a chance, but Danny Ward proved in that Forest game that there’s not a hope he’s ready, either.

One bad (or good) game doesn't prove anything.
The fact he's been happy to spend his career sitting on the bench tells me he doesn't think he's good enough either.

That or he's got no ambition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570