Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clues are there. Schmeichel spoke out last season about seeking a new challenge. He was given extra time off this summer when he would be vital if the club were serious about improving our set piece defending. Proper journalists were reporting that we'd made enquiries for the likes of Sanchez and Raya.
Also Rodger's bizarre comments about having two number ones and then dropping Kasper right before making a milestone appearance.

It feels a bit like the club are panicking now. Selling Kasper (assuming we're not allowing him to leave on a free) is all very well, but we probably need £20-£25m to even get close to replacing him. We don't have that money this season and there's no prospect of raising it at the moment.

I wonder if we're close to hitting the FFP limits and getting his wages off the books is what's driving it.

The website says that it will be a free transfer. Getting his £6.75m off the wage bill is key, together with the fact that the club must believe that we can do better.

Percy didn't say we had a problem with spending on transfer fees. The problem is that our wage bill pretty much equals our entire revenue.

I love Kasper, for what he has been to the club and he seems to be a decent person but, one has to say that the refusal to come for crosses was becoming more than a little problematic!

The website says that it will be a free transfer. Getting his £6.75m off the wage bill is key, together with the fact that the club must believe that we can do better.

Percy didn't say we had a problem with spending on transfer fees. The problem is that our wage bill pretty much equals our entire revenue.
Yeah. It's sad as he's been absolutely fantastic for us but this might pave the way for an incoming based on the salary saving. I'll be very disappointed to see him go but from the club's perspective it makes sense.

Iverson needs to pull his big boy gloves on now....

Sad state of affairs when we have to do this to balance the books

We’ve spunked away an enormous amount on wages over the past few years on a pile of complete shite, leaving us in a complete ****ing mess

Best keeper we’ve ever had. Can’t blame him for leaving

Would definitely be a shame for him to leave like this rather than having a proper send off.

Saying that though, it would probably be a bigger shame to watch his decline with us whilst costing us points and a lot in wages at the same time but I still think he has at least a couple of years at the top level left.

I guess it does make sense from a business perspective though as he is probably one of the easier players to replace in terms of footballing ability but I fear losing him could have a massive negative impact on the squad and his personality/influence could be missed more.

Not convinced from what I have seen from Ward either and he has been a bigger drain on wages than Kasper - can't we sell Ward, who would probably get a fee, and have Iversen as no 2.

That would probably have the same net effect on wages/outgoings assuming we would bring someone else in if Kasper does leave.

It’s probably more to do with the fact that he’d like a new contract and we’re not really in a position to give him one. It’ll probably suit all parties to do it now, sadly.

We need to replace Kasper in the next couple of years so what difference if we do it now and save a chunk of cash. If that also means we can add a very good winger and a good young centre back then why not?

I reckon he might have been picked to leave if an offer came in, purely based on wages. I.e., one of the highest earners had to leave to free up wages and it ended up being Kasper based on a number of things.

Ward is a fine short term option if we can’t replace him immediately and will provide him a chance to prove himself…assuming he’s fit…

No, no, no, no, no.

Danny Ward is not good enough for a strong Championship side, let alone us. If you can stand it, just look back at his performance against Notts Forest last year. Just that alone was borderline criminal.

Iversen is the one. However I doubt that BR will be happy with him because he's not good enough with his feet.

No, no, no, no, no.

Danny Ward is not good enough for a strong Championship side, let alone us. If you can stand it, just look back at his performance against Notts Forest last year. Just that alone was borderline criminal.

Iversen is the one. However I doubt that BR will be happy with him because he's not good enough with his feet.
If we looked at the performance against Forest last year, I'm not sure many players would play a game of professional football again. Ward looked decent enough for Wales in the Euros, which is the only team he's had any kind of run in, so I'm prepared to give him a chance.

Are things that bad that we need to play without a keeper? What we save on his wages will be taken up by signing someone...

No, no, no, no, no.

One game. I can point you to others both for us and for Wales where he was great. He's a perfectly good stop gap of needed. I'd still go for Iversen but I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Ward starting at the beginning of the season.

One game. I can point you to others both for us and for Wales where he was great. He's a perfectly good stop gap of needed. I'd still go for Iversen but I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Ward starting at the beginning of the season.

Yep, one game. Here was 'one game' for Wales last season too.

He's only ever played 90 mins PL football for us and another 180 mins when he was at Liverpool.

I think people are severely under-estimating Kasper's worth to us and expecting someone who has barely played any PL football to be as good.

Kasper isn't perfect at all, hence why he has played for us for so long, but he must be worth at least 10 points to us a season.

The more I think about this, the worse an idea it seems and I can imagine most other PL teams will be more than happy he won't be in goal for us next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363