Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good old Brendan now coming out and telling the world we need to sell to balance the books. Yeah that will help our negotiation power. ****ing clown.

On another note, there’s no doubting what our owners have done for us over the past 10 years, but in the back of my mind I’m starting to wonder whether they’ve taken us as far as they can. Anyone else feeling like this? Or just miserable **** me?
Multiple people at multiple levels within the club are to blame for the predicament we find ourselves in, and that includes the owner.

Multiple people at multiple levels within the club are to blame for the predicament we find ourselves in, and that includes the owner.
The same ownership who are also to blame for us winning the league and the FA Cup.

The 'predicament' is having an owner who won't spend recklessly and who wants to balance finances rather than get himself into a real 'predicament' like so many clubs have done before.

Especially at the rate he’s likely to get paid, given who owns them.
Only just realised it's Jim ****ing Ratcliffe.

Another chief Brexit cheerleader that has since ****ed off abroad as he loves Britain so much.

The 'predicament' is having an owner who won't spend recklessly and who wants to balance finances rather than get himself into a real 'predicament' like so many clubs have done before.
I think the 'predicament' maybe that they already have to a certain extent.

We should never be in a position where it's so tight that we can't actually do anything until another club helps us out by taking some of our incredibly overpaid dross.

We're about to lose arguably the key man in the playing squad with a few days to go to the start of the season and we have nobody in to replace and clubs know we are desperate.

We've been too soft with contracts for players who are either massively injury prone or just aren't good enough players for the wage they command.

If a few players like Hamza were on more realistic contracts we'd have had shot buy now but we've created a scenario where nobody can pay him enough for him to leave.

Just a few other examples of our poor planning and execution recently

Ground extension being seemingly side-lined
head of recruitment not able to actually start work during a transfer window
Set-piece coach not even able to enter the country let alone work with our players during pre-season
Never mind allowing Rodgers to bring his already proven failure of a mate in as head of recruitment to start

Personally I think the top decision makers at the club could be doing a better job.

Personally I think the top decision makers at the club could be doing a better job.
Top seems far more interested in pratting about on the training pitches pretending to be a player than getting things done and Susan is just KP's nodding dog

Our owners haven't taken us as far as they can. We haven't stagnated for 10 years or so.

Off the top of my head we have:
  1. Got promoted to the PL
  2. Won the PL
  3. Progressed to the QF of the Champions League
  4. Finished comfortably in the top half of one of the toughest leagues in Europe for the last three seasons
  5. Won the FA Cup
  6. Won the Charity Shield
We haven't run out of stem, the world has just come out of a crisis and Europe has stumbled into another. Could KP have predicted the global pandemic, of course not, but this has undoubtedly affected (short-term) their ability to invest.

We are NOT at the end of the road, merely a hump in one.

Our owners haven't taken us as far as they can. We haven't stagnated for 10 years or so.

2. Won the PL
  4. Finished comfortably in the top half of one of the toughest leagues in Europe for the last three seasons
  5. Won the FA Cup
We haven't run out of stem, the world has just come out of a crisis and Europe has stumbled into another. Could KP have predicted the global pandemic, of course not, but this has undoubtedly affected (short-term) their ability to invest.

Yep. This is a perfect summary.

You're still a **** though, babes.

I think perhaps we have budgeted, assuming we would qualify for Europe consistently, but the lower league position and loss of European income has wiped out our spending power and made our wage bill unsustainable.

Without such ambitions we wouldn't have achieved what we have, but we pay the price for falling short last year.

Hopefully we can get back on track if we only sell 1 key player. If the situation is worse we could spiral.

We already knew that. Everyone in football knows it. But of course it's BR's fault for telling everyone...
We knew we needed to sell to buy. Not that we needed to sell just to balance the books.

—————————

French centre-back Wesley Fofana, 21, is also a reported target for Chelsea and Paris St-Germain.

Although he is "not a player we want to lose", Rodgers added: "I became aware towards the end of the season that the club would have to balance its books, then of course that becomes very difficult.

2. Won the PL
  5. Won the FA Cup

You forgot the European semi final.

Apparently Wes has removed Leicester from his social media.

Am I making it up or did he do something similar when we were trying to twist Puel’s arm to let him join us?

Such an odd thing to do, even if he is looking for a move

Am I making it up or did he do something similar when we were trying to twist Puel’s arm to let him join us?

Such an odd thing to do, even if he is looking for a move
No you're right, he absolutely did do this kind of thing to St Etienne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566