Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying, we didn't have him much at all last season did we?
Yeah and we were defensively great weren’t we, especially at set pieces.

Sounds like the club are being sensible in negotiations at least.

Ben Jacobs is pretty reliable, and I'm interpreting that as the club want £85m for Fofana with the vast majority of that upfront - which would allow us to go and reinvest.

I don't want him to go, but can at least see logic in that. If we're in a position where we could reinvest most of that, that's at least a quality centre back and right winger hopefully. Just have to make sure it's spent wisely on improving the starting XI

To be honest, it would be mad for a club in our position to turn down £85m in cash for a player who could quite easily get a bad injury next week and be worth nothing.

He could just as easily have a poor season (as Youri did last year) and be worth half as much.

I was told on Sunday that a deal is basically agreed at £95m, the source has been correct in the past but I wouldn't bet anything on them being correct and it is probably wishful thinking

I think selling Fofana makes sense. You really don't need another player here that's had his head turned and wants away.

If we get a world record fee for him, it's excellent business.

In my opinion our squad needs four new players urgently. A goalkeeper (Ward is just not a top half of the PL player), two central defenders and a left footed right winger.

Four £20m-£25m players would sort us out nicely. Then tell the unwanteds that they're not getting registered in the squad so get onto your agents double quick.

I think selling Fofana makes sense. You really don't need another player here that's had his head turned and wants away.

If we get a world record fee for him, it's excellent business.

In my opinion our squad needs four new players urgently. A goalkeeper (Ward is just not a top half of the PL player), two central defenders and a left footed right winger.

Four £20m-£25m players would sort us out nicely. Then tell the unwanteds that they're not getting registered in the squad so get onto your agents double quick.
You're presuming we can actually buy someone even we sell...

He’s a wonderful young player and I’d love to see him play hundreds of games for Leicester but if he wants to go and we need the money…. Well there’s only one outcome.

I actually though Evans was our best defender on Sunday. Both Wes and Dan had bombscare moments.

I actually though Evans was our best defender on Sunday. Both Wes and Dan had bombscare moments.
That's fine but he will miss games through injury if history is anything to go on.

We could all tell from his debut that he was probably not going to be with us that long and be sold for a big fee. That's what we need, and considering that it might not happen with Soyuncu, Ndidi and Tielemans now we need to reestablish the model. We know that we desperately need a right winger, that, another center half and a big chunk of money in the bank will let us go forward rather than wreck the finances

Sounds like the club are being sensible in negotiations at least.

Ben Jacobs is pretty reliable, and I'm interpreting that as the club want £85m for Fofana with the vast majority of that upfront - which would allow us to go and reinvest.

I don't want him to go, but can at least see logic in that. If we're in a position where we could reinvest most of that, that's at least a quality centre back and right winger hopefully. Just have to make sure it's spent wisely on improving the starting XI
Decent point…

Decent point…

It's not really, because the wages and transfer fee we paid are gone either way. So even if we spend £40m on a replacement, it would still leave us with £36.5m left to hopefully go and sign a winger.

And I'd hope we could two very good players for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363