Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a good chance he could end up at Liverpool by the weekend.

I'd hate to see him go, especially so late in the window, but if one club comes in seriously then the others are likely to follow (atm they're holding off in the hopes they get him cheaper in Jan or free next summer). A last minute bidding war would be good for us in terms of the fee.
I can also see him going to Liverpool, they need midfielders and he fits what I think they're after.

I think Youri lacks pace rather than workrate. I actually think he generally puts quite a shift in during a match, but he may not be able to pressure the opposition fast enough for Klopp's liking.

Every player I've seen linked over recent days appears to be significantly worse than the player that they are supposed to be replacing.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that someone was deliberately trying to get us into a relegation scrap. Maybe Top has had a fortune on us going down?

**** me BN, I know you love a good conspiracy but that's beyond mental and not a chance.

The discredit the King Power brand would see from PL winners to relegation in 6-7 years would far outweigh any financial gain from your suggestion.

Leicester in talks over Atalanta’s Jeremie Boga and Reims’ Wout Faes​

By Rob Tanner and Stuart James

Leicester City are in talks to sign the Atalanta winger Jeremie Boga and Reims defender Wout Faes ahead of Thursday’s transfer deadline.

Leicester are looking to bolster their squad with defender Wesley Fofana in the final stages of completing a move to Premier League rivals Chelsea for around £70million ($82.3m).

Brendan Rodgers’ side have only made one signing this summer — recruiting Alex Smithies on a free transfer from Cardiff City.

Leicester are now exploring the possibility of signing Boga, with talks ongoing between the two clubs.
Boga, 25, began his professional career with Chelsea before moving to Italy to play for Sassuolo in 2018, eventually moving to Atalanta on a permanent deal this summer after a six-month loan spell in Bergamo.

But this season he has lost his place in Gian Piero Gasperini’s starting XI to Ademola Lookman — who joined the club this summer after a year on loan at Leicester. Leicester had an option to sign Lookman permanently for £14 million and Rodgers wanted to do the deal, but Leicester were not in a position financially to complete the move at the time, allowing Atalanta to sign the Nigeria international.

Leicester are also looking into a move for the Belgium defender Faes. The 24-year-old Belgium international has been a first-team regular for French club Reims since moving from Oostende in his native country in 2020. It is believed Faes would cost in the region of £15 million.

Rodgers has been given a third of the Fofana transfer money to reinvest into his squad and his preferred areas to strengthen have always been in the centre of defence and on the wing, where he only has Harvey Barnes as a recognised winger.

Leicester currently sit bottom of the Premier League table with only one point, suffering three defeats in their opening four matches.

Out of the squad in favour of someone we signed on loan out of desperation. I hope our new scout knows how to replace a squad for the championship without a parachute payment.

These names are scarily bottom of the pile

We are in the deepest of shit this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572