Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Always thought he looks vaguely like a young Noel Edmunds and for that reason could never truly love him.

Excellent player though. Fun to watch and mercurial.

Those two mistakes alone sent us down?

Oh do me a ****ing favour.

I think that's a harsh perspective. I'd probably say that he could have saved us if he'd not made those mistakes. But footballers make mistakes all the time, particularly in high pressure situations and you could probably pinpoint errors from every player in the squad at some point in the season that "sent us down".

Rank mismanagement sent us down. Not a misplaced pass or missed penalty.
At the time off my post the group was talking about Maddison and those last few games of the season when it was in our own hands to stay up Maddison gifted Bournemouth 3 points with a lazy backpass and then missed the penalty to take us 3-1 up going into half time against Everton, the game finished 2-2 so my point that those mistakes alone sent us down are correct, yes I know there are lots of other variables but it wasn't what we were talking about.
Maddison is a fantastic player and at the right club will be brilliant but like other players he was poor after the world cup so poor at times he didn't deserve to be in the starting 11.
We are left to playing in the championship and signing players like Coady a player that Everton and Wolves don't want and Winks another player we should be nowhere near signing, while the player that got us into this position just shrug there shoulders and sign for another premier league team.
It's my opinion on the matter and if your upset by it shove it up your bum for all I care.

It’s a YouTube highlight video so take it for what it is.

That said, he looks really comfortable with either foot. Obviously left-footed, but plenty of good goals with his right. Likes to cut in from the right and place one with his left. Something we’ve been missing since Mahrez.

He appears to have good composure in front of goal. Some very tidy, placed finishes.

He also seems to make decent runs across the back line, but that’s harder to tell.

Not the quickest, mind.

Durable too, over 40 appearances in each of the last two seasons.

To be fair, exciting prospect.

Last edited:
We do we need a new goalkeeper at all? Iversen would surely be a brilliant Championship goalkeeper. I think he could even be a good Premier League goalkeeper in the long run.

Look here Mr. Thicko.

Everybody knows that goalkeeping is not about saving shots any more. It's all about being able to pass the ball 10 yards between two pressing forwards.

Iversen can't do it. That's why Rodgers didn't rate him and why Maresca won't want him either. They're both disciples of the prophet pep.

As soon as Maresca was appointed, Iversen would have known he was done here.

My biggest concern at the minute with the new targets is a lack of pace.

We really do need someone with a burst of speed, especially if Daka and Barnes are leaving, as expected.

Early days though.

Look here Mr. Thicko.

Everybody knows that goalkeeping is not about saving shots any more. It's all about being able to pass the ball 10 yards between two pressing forwards.

Iversen can't do it. That's why Rodgers didn't rate him and why Maresca won't want him either. They're both disciples of the prophet pep.

Agree and it’s a shame. Good keeper.

Looks pretty much done.

Honestly, perfect club for him. Spursiest player in a generation. He’ll win **** all with them.

I found myself quite angry at Maddison, as well as others, for the way this has all fallen apart.

Can’t bring myself to wish him well. He leaves us far worse than he found us.

I just cannot understand this.

He has pretty much carried us for two years. Almost singlehandedly at times. He has, far, far more often than not, been excellent for us. He will improve Spurs hugely.

Of all the players to be mad at, he's nowhere near the top of my list. He couldn't do it on his own, no matter how much we tried to make him.... even from out wide at times.

Look here Mr. Thicko.

Yeah....

The problem is he was also shit a saving anything with his hands either....

I just cannot understand this.

He has pretty much carried us for two years. Almost singlehandedly at times. He has, far, far more often than not, been excellent for us. He will improve Spurs hugely.

Of all the players to be mad at, he's nowhere near the top of my list. He couldn't do it on his own, no matter how much we tried to make him.... even from out wide at times.
Not saying it’s rational. Just gone off him, especially with him going to Spurs. And he won’t improve Spurs if Kane ****s off to Germany.

I think Winks is an excellent championship footballer. He’s still young and has something to prove, I’d imagine.

My concern is fitness, as he’s had a number of issues over the years.

As for the transfer fees, I’d take this and the Maddison signing with a grain of salt. Likely to be some complicated structuring of each deal.

I’m alright with that signing. Especially at the level we are at.

£8m was the fee being spoken about a lot yesterday.

I hope that fee is coming down as part of the Maddison deal... £10m seems a lot
He has a higher street value.

Meh. Players come, players go. He did more good for us than some others and wasn't an arse like some in terms of pressing to leave. He was, however, part of a group that thought they were too good to go down and even called out people (like Tanner) for suggesting what the rest of us could see.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663