Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Coady and Winks, both decent once upon a time, hence the England recognition. Fair to say they are both pretty shit now though. If we can get them back to their best then it could be considered a coup...

If we were still in the Premier League then Coady and Winks would be seen as shite signings with no ambition..... however we are not, as long as Leicester don't do anything stupid like offer 4 year contracts with £80k a week wages then it's probably not a bad pair.
If we get Coady on a two year deal then it's an ok signing, I'd prefer winks on a loan basis with an option to buy as he has a lot to prove and could quite easily be what Drinkwater was to Chelsea.

True, but if he's as good as Drinkwater was for us - I'd be content.
Drinkwater was an unknown youth player where as Winks has had his chance at Spurs and failed he also didn't look much better on loan, If I was to bet my money on how Winks will turn out it would be more likely Drinkwater at Chelsea scenario.

Steffen, Coady and Winks feels a bit like Martyn Glover going round PL clubs with an old cart calling 'bring out your dead'.
Back to cast offs rather than unearthing promising up and coming players worth a gamble. We have fallen so far.

Looks pretty much done.

Honestly, perfect club for him. Spursiest player in a generation. He’ll win **** all with them.

I found myself quite angry at Maddison, as well as others, for the way this has all fallen apart.

Can’t bring myself to wish him well. He leaves us far worse than he found us.

Looks pretty much done.

Honestly, perfect club for him. Spursiest player in a generation. He’ll win **** all with them.

I found myself quite angry at Maddison, as well as others, for the way this has all fallen apart.

Can’t bring myself to wish him well. He leaves us far worse than he found us.

He’s one of very few that gets a pass from me. He has carried us for the past two seasons.

He’s one of very few that gets a pass from me. He has carried us for the past two seasons.

Absolutely agree. I don't know what people who think Maddison hasn't given it his all have been watching compared to what I'm seeing.

He's the one player that kept working IMO.

He was clearly always going to go this summer, but he also so clearly deserves to not be at a Championship club.

I'm still gutted to see him go, but glad it looks like it will happen soon so we can use the money over the summer. I hope it's more like £50m not 40 though!

Yep, in spite of his failings, he has been our best player by miles.

Anyone who can’t see his contribution over his time here is utterly blindfolded.

Couldn't give a shit. Next.

Maddison is a very talented footballer. Also, his attitude stinks and he's got a real weakness when it really matters.

He is the perfect signing for Spurs. If he can pass a medical.

He'll never win anything else.

Sky are reporting Maddison will have a medical at Spurs today.

Also saying the fee is in the region of £40m

Went missing in action, along with Tielemans, when Rodgers got the boot and we needed him the most

They could have kept us up on their own, but they both thought everything was all fine and were both ****ing awful

He can **** right off, the total ****

Think he had his head turned during the World Cup
Wasn’t the same player that returned

Next?

That penalty miss against Everton and the back pass against Bournemouth are my lasting memories of Maddison in a Leicester shirt, I know it's not just his fault but those two mistakes alone sent us down whilst he ****s off to another premier League club.
Tried to take the glory in taking the penalty and stuffed up big time! Total twat, hope he wins nothing!

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663