Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

In most cases this is a percentage of the profit, are you sure that isn't the case here?

It's been widely reported to be 15% of the fee.

Coventry fans have suggested that they're also owed a percentage - 10% - but less sure about that.

Last edited:
It's been widely reported to be 15% of the fee.

Coventry fans have suggested that they're also owed a percentage - 10% - but less sure about that.
I'd be a bit surprised if that's the case, as it isn't normally like that, but I don't know, so will wait to see what's confirmed. I think the reporting on these clauses is pretty lazy in general and doesn't normally define the clause properly.

This article (albeit from last year), suggests it's based on the profit, for example:

I'd be a bit surprised if that's the case, as it isn't normally like that, but I don't know, so will wait to see what's confirmed. I think the reporting on these clauses is pretty lazy in general and doesn't normally define the clause properly.

This article (albeit from last year), suggests it's based on the profit, for example:

It was reported first in the local Norwich press a couple of years ago which makes me believe it.

It was then picked up by multiple other sources including some good ones.

It was reported first in the local Norwich press a couple of years ago which makes me believe it.

It was then picked up by multiple other sources including some good ones.
As I said, I don't know, but I'll be surprised. I think the reporting on these clauses is poor, so I'll wait to see what's confirmed when it happens.

I’ve watched so little football over the last few years I know **** all about other clubs’ players now. What kind of player is Winks? We badly need someone with presence and energy in midfield.

I’ve watched so little football over the last few years I know **** all about other clubs’ players now. What kind of player is Winks? We badly need someone with presence and energy in midfield.
He’s a midfielder, plenty of presence and energy

Actually I’ve no idea, I barely pay attention these days

He’s a midfielder, plenty of presence and energy

Actually I’ve no idea, I barely pay attention these days
I don’t even know why I asked to be honest, I don’t really care.

Winks is a defensive mid I think?

Imagine he'd be a fantastic signing for the Championship.

The same article from Percy also says Maresca is interested in bringing in Zack Steffan (US Keeper) on a permanent deal from Man City.

Defensive-ish midfielder

Looked promising a couple of years back, but was then nowhere near the Spurs team so they palmed him off abroad somewhere

Suspect he’s now pretty bang average, so will fit in nicely in our midfield

Never been overly impressed with Winks but we're at a level where he'll be ok. Re Madders, it's interesting that the Saudis won't offer us more than Spurs will....they supposedly paid 40-45m for that Gordon from Everton.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663