Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

So much contradiction in this post.

No one’s complaining about complaining. But then you go onto complain about complaining.
New episode of words City Fan doesn't understand. Today's instalment; 'contradiction'.

I love the fact you haven't understood it at all.

:043:

Once again, when every single opinion without fail, is one that is steeped in misery, negativity and woe, it really is incredibly boring.

You can of course have the opinion that the colour of a shirt is not to your liking but to then link that to the club being 'tinpot' is just ludicrous. You can choose not to attend the open training session, but to brand people who go as 'sad' or question why anybody should want to go is unnecessary. To be unsure of the season ahead and the manager's skill set is perfectly understandable, to brand the manager 'fake Pep' or a disaster waiting to happen after three nonsense pre-season games without the full squad available, is just illogical.

I do wonder why people choose to put themselves through it.

I just find the 'pile on' towards City Fan distasteful.

Ignore him or debate him, by all means. But just shouting his posts down, sometimes with totally unnecessary abuse, isn't right.

Ignore him or debate him, by all means. But just shouting his posts down, sometimes with totally unnecessary abuse, isn't right.
I think you should probably read some of his posts a little bit more carefully if abuse is something you are concerned about.

There is no 'pile on'. It's not just CF who is overwhelmingly negative about everything, others are also in that category. As much as they may have every right to be so, everyone else has the right to argue against this. I think calling people 'sad' for going to watch their team train deserved to be picked up on and replied to, especially by anyone that was there. I think calling the club 'tinpot' for using a different coloured shirt is probably a little bit of an overstatement and there was no harm in pointing this out. Yes, these are his opinions but they are not immune to response.

Anyway, let's move past this. I am looking forward to going to see our club play at the weekend. I have no idea what the outcome will be but I won't be going there ready to bore everyone around me with howmshit everything is and how useless the manager will be. Well, not until full time at least.....!

Last edited:

Ture. it becomes a never ending circle of abuse going both ways.

It's always like that - players are either shit or amazing etc.
Nah, Colin Hill was just that, you weren't aware he was playing, never ****ed up but he didn't do anything spectacular either, well that was my memory of him (someone will no doubt come along with statistics to prove me wrong....****s)

It's always like that - players are either shit or amazing etc.
The truth is, these players are all incredible freaks of nature. To call any of them shit is ridiculous (and yes I've probably done it). The key is the way that they are managed. Last season fell apart and it was clear to see that Rodgers had lost the team. I actually sympathise with him slightly in that the squad has been ready for an overhaul for some time and he wasn't able to do it (not that he'd have been able to do this effectively). The squad had gone stale and lacking in drive.

When this type of thing happens you can do one of two things. Either change the players (or a significant number of them) or change the manager. We did neither for too long and suffered as a consequence.

Can’t say it bothers me greatly.

I’ll keep posting my opinions and if the abusive keyboard warriors can’t stand reading an opinion that’s different to theirs, that’s up to them.

Can’t say it bothers me greatly.

I’ll keep posting my opinions and if the abusive keyboard warriors can’t stand reading an opinion that’s different to theirs, that’s up to them.
Having different opinions is great and a welcome part of this forum, if we all agreed with each other then there would be some very short conversations going on, however it's the abusive language that isn't called for if this was on a social media platform then certain members would be banned.

Ask yourself this,would the members that call another member a "****" and not in a jovial way do so to there face I very much doubt it, there are to many key board warriors in society now that would run away if confronted in person.

We should all keep the difference of opinion even if it's lively but hold back on the personal insults.

Having different opinions is great and a welcome part of this forum, if we all agreed with each other then there would be some very short conversations going on, however it's the abusive language that isn't called for if this was on a social media platform then certain members would be banned.

Ask yourself this,would the members that call another member a "****" and not in a jovial way do so to there face I very much doubt it, there are to many key board warriors in society now that would run away if confronted in person.

We should all keep the difference of opinion even if it's lively but hold back on the personal insults.

I‘d happily call him a **** to his face, if that helps, after what he posted yesterday - and a lot more besides

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663