Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

It's basic maths though people.

BN might be being a negative Norman about our financial situation and we will have to sell players for a 5er and some cones for the training ground.

On the wages though, whilst no one has conclusive evidence of individual wages, we do know the total wage outlay so it really isn't hard to guesstimate players salaries.

Wages are a complete mess at the club and have been for the past 2-3 years with the wage to revenue ratio consistently above 1:1.

KDH made a really good impression when he first came in to the team so it really wouldn't be surprising if we gave him a new bumper contract when he established himself.

We just have to hope that most players have 50% reductions in their contracts.
Which they will. Like nearly all other PL players have.

Which they will. Like nearly all other PL players have.
I think you’re probably right but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if we ****ed that up too.

Club would have viewed it as an easy concession to make during negotiations because they will have been certain relegation was impossible.

I’m hopeful you are right but we are enough of a mess to get this wrong.

I think you’re probably right but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if we ****ed that up too.

Club would have viewed it as an easy concession to make during negotiations because they will have been certain relegation was impossible.

I’m hopeful you are right but we are enough of a mess to get this wrong.
It's pretty much a standard in most player contracts regardless of club I'd have thought. It's been widely reported that our players have such a clause although the press in this country are about as reliable as BN's Street so there's no guarantee of course.

I wouldn't say that they played like they knew their pay would be slashed if we got relegated.

It's pretty much a standard in most player contracts regardless of club I'd have thought. It's been widely reported that our players have such a clause although the press in this country are about as reliable as BN's Street so there's no guarantee of course.
Good agents will redline to death any version of a contract. Trust me!

But yeah, they SHOULD have clauses.

195 appearances in three and a half years is pretty amazing. He's up to 430 career appearances and only turned 26 earlier this month.

Time will tell whether he checked out for us a long time ago or whether the strain of so many games at such a young age is the real culprit.

For me, I think he's a player that shone bright when young but tried to play too much. I think his best days are probably behind him. He may have a couple of good seasons if he goes to a less challenging country like Italy but I'd fear for him if he stays in the PL. Whoever takes him on will pay him an awful lot of money on a long contract and I think they'll come to regret it.

He's one of the few City players that I think I'd like on a personal level. Seems to be a solid, feet on the ground, family man with respect for people. Despite the many examples of idiotic behaviour at our club over recent years, he's never been someone associated with it.

For a wonderful moment in the FA Cup final and his general contribution, I will always feel positive towards him.

Sadly though. he will always be strongly named as a key contributor to the horror that was the 22/23 season. As bad as anyone, as absent as anyone, as responsible as anyone. For that reason, I'm glad he's gone..

195 appearances in three and a half years is pretty amazing. He's up to 430 career appearances and only turned 26 earlier this month.

Time will tell whether he checked out for us a long time ago or whether the strain of so many games at such a young age is the real culprit.

For me, I think he's a player that shone bright when young but tried to play too much. I think his best days are probably behind him. He may have a couple of good seasons if he goes to a less challenging country like Italy but I'd fear for him if he stays in the PL. Whoever takes him on will pay him an awful lot of money on a long contract and I think they'll come to regret it.

He's one of the few City players that I think I'd like on a personal level. Seems to be a solid, feet on the ground, family man with respect for people. Despite the many examples of idiotic behaviour at our club over recent years, he's never been someone associated with it.

For a wonderful moment in the FA Cup final and his general contribution, I will always feel positive towards him.

Sadly though. he will always be strongly named as a key contributor to the horror that was the 22/23 season. As bad as anyone, as absent as anyone, as responsible as anyone. For that reason, I'm glad he's gone..
Bang on.

Seem like an alright bloke. Played too much football. Didn't get the move he (and we) needed last summer.

Again, it's a shame the legacy this collection of players leave behind - they'll never really overcome it with this fanbase (Vardy aside - maybe).

So Youri's off then. Do bears shit in the woods?

I genuinely do wish him well. He does seem a decent bloke, and a decent footballer, but the best unkept secret? He's right, it's not a goodbye. It's merely a confirmation of what we all already knew.

He has been associated, responsible even, for some of out best times, and I do thank him for that. Cherished memories that will live long. It is a great shame that the shine has been knocked from his legacy by a situation that does give rise to the sinking ship metaphor. His announcement similar to a doctor pronouncing the time of death.

One of the best CMs to put on the blue shirt imo but a shame there was such a drop off over the last 18 months for whatever reason.

I think the farewell video was a nice touch, he didn't have to do it and I'm sure most others will leave without saying a word.

I for one will certainly miss him smashing it in from 25+ yards and seeing him smiling/celebrating.

One of the best players I’ve ever witness play for this club.

His FA Cup winning goal alone will always mean I’ll have fond memories of him, regardless of this past season (where some duffer played him as a defensive midfielder).

100% same

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363