Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Is that worse than being at Stoke? They look decent this season mind and could be an outside shot for the playoffs.

Poor ****er. Really liked the cut of his jib when we signed him but like Kristensen he was the right sort of player at the wrong time.
Not sure if this a whoosh, but pretty sure it's Glasgow Rangers not QPR...

Glasgow or Stoke? Not sure I'd fancy either.

I don't care how many passes we make or wins we get playing that way, if we get rid of Souttar and keep Vestergaard it is batshit crazy incompetence of the highest order.

Souttar is every bit as good as Vestergaard with the ball at his feet. He's also a much better defender with a good attitude and a long term contract with good Championship experience. Vestergaard is just dreadful.

If it's a reasonable call for the benefit of the club going forward, I'll back EM and his preferences. However, this is never, ever, going to work out.

Is that worse than being at Stoke? They look decent this season mind and could be an outside shot for the playoffs.

Poor ****er. Really liked the cut of his jib when we signed him but like Kristensen he was the right sort of player at the wrong time.
I still think he's a very good defender. He was great at Stoke and looked better than all of our other CBs last season. It's a shame but Maresca seems to be building something and so he gets the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Not sure if this a whoosh, but pretty sure it's Glasgow Rangers not QPR...

Glasgow or Stoke? Not sure I'd fancy either.
I know, what I mean to say is at the stage of his career, had he stayed at Stoke, playing every week in the Champ would probably be better than playing in Scotland.

I don't care how many passes we make or wins we get playing that way, if we get rid of Souttar and keep Vestergaard it is batshit crazy incompetence of the highest order.

Souttar is every bit as good as Vestergaard with the ball at his feet. He's also a much better defender with a good attitude and a long term contract with good Championship experience. Vestergaard is just dreadful.

If it's a reasonable call for the benefit of the club going forward, I'll back EM and his preferences. However, this is never, ever, going to work out.
Is there a chance that Souttar is not the right character?

Is there also a chance that he actually isn't as good with the ball at his feet as we think? Don't get me wrong, I know he has a reputation for great long range passing but what is he like with the ball at his feet when he has to make 100 passes a game. Is he going to keep possession 93% of the time and is he going to pick the correct pass more often than not?

I too do not feel happy with Jannik but there has to be some good solid reasoning behind Souttar's omission from the squad.

I agree. I've never thought Vestergaard was total shit, he just never fit into what we were trying to do. This season I think he's done okay. He's very good with his feet and his passing is excellent. Okay, he's an oak tree and he can't chase back but I think he's done pretty well. Is he better than Souttar? I don't know. He is better with his feet and his passing is better but Souttar is a more versatile and mobile defender.

From what we've seen, I don't particularly rate Souttar so wouldn't be bothered if we got rid. I seem to be in the minority. The fact he's already surplus to requirements along with Kristiansen is a ****ing joke though. I'd like to know how much of the blame our scouting department should take for the last few windows or was it purely about giving far too much power in recruitment to an absolute twonk (I.e. Bodger Rodgers)

Re: Vestergaard, I can see why Marseca likes him. He is composed on the ball, a very good passer and clearly he rates his understanding of the game but the last part of the quote above really doesn't cut it for me.

Vestergaard is a liability in a high back line, clearly Maresca realises this as he alludes to it as his major weakness in that quote but to say 'it is what it is' doesn't cut it. Maybe there is a good player in there and he'd be OK in a system that sits a little deeper where he gets more protection from the midfield and the fullbacks aren't expected to get forward. It also doesn't help his cause that Wout Faes is not exactly a spring chicken to cover for him.

He hasn't shown that he is every bit as good as Vestergard with the ball at his feet thus far during his time at Leicester. Did you watch him regularly at Stoke?

How do you know he has a good attitude? How do you know Vestegaard has had a bad attitude since Maresca joined us (no, you didn't say he has but that's what I infer from your comment)?

I'm disappointed to see Souttar go, because I thought he looked decent at times last season. But there's clearly a reason he's been out of favour very quickly with 3 managers in his short time here.

At the end of the day, I still can't really say I care about any of them. None of them have earned it yet.

Probably the only players I'd actually be disappointed to see leave would be Nacho and Ricardo. Vardy for nostalgic reasons. The rest, I'm really not bothered about again yet.

I think Glasgow is a great city. Yes, it’s got some shit areas, but the city is a cracking place to go to. Stoke is a dump.

*Missing the point*

I've spent a few years in the Glasgow area, and a few years in the Edinburgh area.
I'm in no rush to go back to Glasgow,
Edinburgh , on the other hand. I'd willing go back

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00