Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

TornadoShaunUK

Every time I read 'terms agreed' before 'fee agreed' I think of horseshit.......

popillius

He won't need to be, if as hoped they get relegated!
It would be hilarious if he does go to Forest and they do get relegated.
Unfortunately, Luton, Sheffield United and Everton are so ****ing hopeless that Forest won't have many relegation worries this year.

popillius

**** me, Ricky Sappleton is still only 33. That list was definitely written by Superscout.

give_us_a_wave

Look at us scouting The Netherlands, Denmark and Iran for top talent. Brighton and Brentford do that now and everyone wants themselves silly.
I think Brighton & Brentford might have some sort of methodology to it though.

Mad Dog probably used a list of every player in the world , a cork board & a set of darts.

camberwell fox

Look at us scouting The Netherlands, Denmark and Iran for top talent. Brighton and Brentford do that now and everyone wants themselves silly.
I don’t know a single person who “wants themselves silly”

give_us_a_wave

Brendan Rodgers both wanks and wants himself.
A bloke I used to work with said this about someone we both knew but I reckon it could easily apply to Rodgers too :

" The sort of bloke who has a mirrored ceiling in his bedroom & prefers to sleep alone "

Miles Away

Enough noise around Wilf to suggest he’s on his way. Sensible really, we are playing him out of position and he only has a year left. If there’s real interest we should move him on.

He will need replacing, though.

I’ll always like Wilf, at one point looked like the best of his kind in world football.

londonfox

Enough noise around Wilf to suggest he’s on his way. Sensible really, we are playing him out of position and he only has a year left. If there’s real interest we should move him on.

I’ll always like Wilf, at one point looked like the best of his kind in world football.
Forest are a much more realistic destination than Bayern.

DillyDing22

Yes this one is very sad. Always liked Wilf. He made the back of one of my Leicester shirts, and to see him at Forest this year will be hard to watch.

Robin127

I think Brighton & Brentford might have some sort of methodology to it...
My nephew is very much interested in the business side of football and he reckons that Brighton are the best run club in the country. Tony Bloom has made his money in the gambling sector and he uses many of the same analysis in the running of the club, hence their recent scouting and selling on successes while still maintaing a very good team. He rates the Brentford model very highly too.

Last edited:

Micky

Yes he did. He was outstanding for a period of time.

However, he has looked half the player for a long period now. He doesn't get around the pitch as well and his distribution and decision making can often be poor.

I like Wilf but I won't be sorry to see him go at all.

pork pie fox

I obviously don’t know Wilf, but he always comes across as a decent bloke. He was also superb for us for a stretch of time and I wish he could get back to that level of play.

Having said that, there’s been no indication of a return to form for quite a long period of time now, since his injuries, and, given that he’s also only got a year left on his contract, I’d be happy to see him leave. I feel like he’s being shoehorned into the team at the minute and, yes, I understand that in theory he wins the ball back high up the pitch, but he also needs to be creative in this system and that just isn’t his game.

The fact that it’s Forest is irrelevant to me. They’re in a different division and, if that’s the best deal we can get, so be it. It’s not like we didn’t do well out of a transfer between the two clubs (Morgan) before and it’s not like they’re taking our best player (certainly on form over the last 18 months), so I don’t have an issue with it at all.

Lako42

Getting rid of Wilf is ideal.

He can't pass and he's on massive wages.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663